Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modules Linked to Project System

former_member591922
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

I am currently working in Project system , could you please suggest for some other modules which can be learned as

I see very less projects and oppurnities  in industry when PS module is concerned.

Whether EHS,PPM ,PM are good options or should focus on other new upcoming modules .Please Guide

Appreciate and thanks in advance for providing guidance.

Regards,

Karan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

I would suggest you to learn other modules like FIN,SD,PP which are deeply integrated with SAP PS.

Agree with you as sometimes we get very limited opportunities only for SAP PS.  So better to learn other modules.

You can also think of PLM which is having wider scope as it consists of PS,DMS,PPM,QM,ECM...

Search more on PLM and you will find lot of material on this topic. Below wiki is also good which you can refer

SAP Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) - Product Lifecycle Management - SCN Wiki

Regards

Tushar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

1. FICO is mostly linked with PS. In reality lot of FICO consultants will easily learn PS, but it is difficult vice versa.

2. MM is integrated only Material Movements.

3. PM is integrated for Shut down Maintenance concepts

4. SD is integrated for Customer Projects Scenario

5. IM is integrated for Investment Projects Scenario

6. PP is integrated for capacity planning and scheduling scenarios

There is no much advancement in SAP PS compared to other modules like SRM, CRM etc.

All the best

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maria & Karan,

See for example for some more details and functionalities. HR and PPM integrations also exists. There is a lot of info on the different SAP sites and discussion forums.

Can any one describe PS and other module integration?How can we do integr

Regards, Jan

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Yep, you are right, i missed HR particularly... Its more related to Time Sheet confirmation and stuff (CATS).

Thanks for the additional info.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

If you have some business background in Financial or educational qualification is in Accountancy , attempt to get into CO module . Having worked on PS , you must have good insight into integration points betn CO & PS

As such , it is difficult to find CO consultant who understands Logisitc processes . May be CO-certification could be a good start breakout in to module.

Best Of Luck

Jatin

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anything that integrates with PS would be a good start.