SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implement approval functionality in FPE1

shah_viraj
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using event 5500 to implement approval functionality in FPE1. But when I pass E_C4LEV = 1 in event 5500 with valid check reason configured, it has posted document in FPL9. I want that, document should not generate any accounting entry before it has been approved. How can I achieve it?

Thanks

Viraj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Viraj,

I don't think so the way the Dual Control principle works, it will be possible to acheive your requirement, as it requires the FKKKO, FKKOP,FKKOPK etc. structure to set the parameter,E_C4EYE. Unfortunately, there is no Document parking functionality (as in SAP R/3) available in FICA, which would have ideally catered your requirement.

I think you have to go for a custom solution for achieving your requirement, but that will be quite complicated,as you have to have a separate FICA object (other than the Document no.) which will go for approval and then based on that will post the FICA document.

On the other hand, with the Standard Dual Control principle, until and unless, there is an approval process, you can't do anything with the posted document. So there are quite robust controls in place with the Standard SAP solution.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viraj,

I hope you have maintained table TFK4EYE for check reason. If you save the document in FPE1, the document will be posted however you can see in Header data of the document in "Additional Data" tab as below:

"Posting Must Be Confirmed with Check Reason Adjustment amount limit exceeded".

I have attached a screenshot for reference.

Thanks.

Nirmalya

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Viraj,

I don't think so the way the Dual Control principle works, it will be possible to acheive your requirement, as it requires the FKKKO, FKKOP,FKKOPK etc. structure to set the parameter,E_C4EYE. Unfortunately, there is no Document parking functionality (as in SAP R/3) available in FICA, which would have ideally catered your requirement.

I think you have to go for a custom solution for achieving your requirement, but that will be quite complicated,as you have to have a separate FICA object (other than the Document no.) which will go for approval and then based on that will post the FICA document.

On the other hand, with the Standard Dual Control principle, until and unless, there is an approval process, you can't do anything with the posted document. So there are quite robust controls in place with the Standard SAP solution.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Thanks Amlan,

It means, even though document is not approved yet, it will be posted and hit the accounts. Don't you think that is little wiered solution provided by SAP? Indeed, no processing would be allowed on that document, still it will be shown as open item in the ledger.

Thanks

Viraj.

0 Kudos

Hi Viraj,

I think the intention of the Dual Control principle is to ensure the integrity of the System, rather than focussing on the Ledger.

The main focus is to have a second pair of eyes (approval) for all the Customer centric processes (like Postings, Refunds etc.) so that once it goes to the customer, it doesn't create any ombudsman or complaints.

Thanks,

Amlan