cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking BP for changed address in sales doc

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have made the settings as synchronous in the Item category at app level in GTS 11, which I thought would keep the partner from getting blocked if it was changed in the document.

What I am seeing is that whenever I change the address to a BP such as the ship to the order gets blocked for SPL and in the audit trail it says that the address was changed manually.

Changing it to asynchronous seems to have the same behavior. Is there somewhere else I have missed a config setting?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

shrinivas_hosmani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

The setting is controlled through the following on the config:

Compliance Management -->SPL-->Control settings for SPL

Within the same, select SPLUS and look for Scope of check. Under the same, "Check logic of Docs" would be selected as "New Check of Changed Addresses" in the standard, you can change it.

The change is not recommended as there is always a possibility that somebody from the ordering team or logistics team can change the address and it ends up at unwanted parties in the absence of screening of updated addresses.

Hope it helps!

-Shrini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shrinivas,

Sorry for interrupting,After reading your post I understood that If we make setting according to your post, system wont give any block while saving the partner address in the sales document level.

Please correct me If I am wrong.

shrinivas_hosmani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

You are correct, the block will not come up while saving the document with any changed partner address. The setting is limited to any changed address at the document level.

Thanks!

Shrini

kul_vaibhav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I have same settings as you mentioned, but in my case, system only blocks a manually changed address if it finds a HIT with SPL which suggest that system performs screening synchronously (if synchronous screening is setup) whenever address is changed in a document.

Is there a KBA or SAP note which confirms the behaviour governed by this setting?

Regards

Kul Vaibhav

shrinivas_hosmani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kul,

I don't remember having seen a KBA or a note for the behavior. This has always been a standard behavior as far as I can remember across versions.

Thanks,

Shrini

kul_vaibhav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Srini,

The check logic for documents offers two options:

1) status check of unchanged partner address

2) New check of a changed address

i assume, if we go with option 1, a manually changed in a document causes a SPL block stating that "Partner address was manually changed", whereas option 2 screens a manually changed address synchronously and blocks the document only if a hit is found.

but when I test both the settings, system always screens manually changed address synchronously and blocks the document only if hit is found.

did you observed the same behaviour at your end?

regards,

Kul Vaibhav

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Christopher

My understanding of your issue is that, whenever you are changing the address of Partner at document level in ECC, document gets blocked at GTS .

This is the standard behavior of GTS functionality to perform screening on delta.

Kindly check the Minimum match percentage of search term. Probably they would be too low.

Thanks

Jaagrit Hooda