0 Kudos

Hi,

I created as below

Project - 100008 (without investment program ID) - Standard

WBS (level-1) - 1000081

WBS (level-2) - 1000082

WBS (level-3) - 1000083

CJ30 - created overall budget - $1000.

Created PO with the value of 1100. But system not triggering the activation control.

Project - 100007 (Investment program ID assignment)

WBS (level-1) - 1000071

WBS (level-2) - 1000072

WBS (level-3) - 1000073

IM52 - Budget distribution for $1000

CJ30 - Overall budget $1000

Created PR with the value of 901. But system not triggering the activation control.

Please advise what I am missing. Why system is not triggering the activation control.

Is it mandatory to create activity for WBS element ?

Thanks in advance

Thanks & Regards

Shan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Has Availability Control been activated on the WBS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is activated. I see the WBS system status as "CRTD BUDG AVAC"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Do some direct FI posting to the WBS element and check. Make sure that the PR/ PO value updated as Commitment in reports CJI5.

If not working kindly execute the transaction CJEN -  Reconstruct Availability Control and then Execute CJBN for the Project.

Thanks

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want this budget control check must happen in PR or PO. If I try to post more than the budgeted amount, but even though the budget is active system is not triggering the activation control check.

I tried the CJEN and CJBN still not working.

Thanks

Shan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shunmugam,

As mentioned by Sushrut there could be many reasons for non performance of AVAC. There are multiple threads on this topic in SCN forum that can help you, one of them is mentioned below, hopefully mentioned notes will help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shunmugam

Kindly check the PR/PO value is updated as Commitment in Report CJI5.

Check the below thread.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1048325

Regards

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesan,

Please see the screen shot below

CJI5 - shows nothing

Considering the above screen shots in my previous reply. Can you tell me exactly what I am missing.

Thanks & Regards

Shan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shanmugam ,

As per the screenshot, the commitment value not updated even you created PR and PO since there was no cost element created for the Material which you are using in PR.  Check the below settings.

1. Check the G/L account  in Acount assignment tab of PR - ME54N.

2. check that G/L Account is Whether Balance sheet Acct. or P& L Account - FS00.

3. If Balance sheet G/L Acct (130000) then create cost element for that G/L with Cost element category with "90 - Statistical Cost element for Balance sheet" - KA01

4. Create new PR with the same material after creating Cost element with cost element category 90.

I guess that you are using Valuated Project stock. I think that this may helpful to resolve you issue.

Thanks

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ganesan

GL Account - Cost Element category need to be maintained as "90"

Category 90 cost elements enable you to check the budget of an order or project when you acquire fixed assets that can be directly capitalized. To do this, enter the capital investment order or the WBS element in the corresponding field of the asset master data. Asset Management (AM) ensures that the specified order or WBS element is automatically entered in the document during the asset acquisition.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply so far.

See below screen shots for more details to help me better.

I am trying to create a PR or PO with Account assignment category "P" and it is a text item.

Please see the attached image of my configuration and transaction. See whether you can help me point out the real problem.

Thanks

Shan

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shan,

please check tolerance limit setting by path PS>cost>Budget>Define tolerance Limits

is that more then 100% if yes then system will not prevent to create PR PO until tolerance limit exhausted.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Please see my above screen shots I have given the tolerance limit screen shots as well. I have entered entered 90% with Error message. I would expect when I create a PR or PO system should throw error message if I enter the value more than 90%.

Thanks & Regards

Shan

sushrut_sheth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

reasons for not checking the budget may be many.

Out of which few are listed ,which I suppose you should check at your end

Check config for the following.

Check the budget profile and the availability control activation

Check the tolerance limits whether they are not more than 100% and you have set the indicator for error and not for warning

Check the availability control checking scope ,you have marked "X check "for purchase orders

other one is to check the document type for Purchase orders

check with the MM person too whether he has to apply any note or validation.

hope this shall help you and solve your issue