cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple parameters failing in scripted calc view after upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

We've just upgraded our HANA from version 82 to version 11.

Whenever we try to preview data in the new HANA Studio on a scripted calculation view we receive the following error.

Error executing the query

Error: SAP DBTech JDBC: [2048]: column store error: search table error:  [34023] Instantiation of calculation model failed;exception 306106: Undefined variable: $$IN_MULTI$$. Variable is marked as required but not set in the query

If we preview the same view in the older version of HANA Studio, it will still return correctly even though the database itself was upgraded. We are also receiving errors when trying to access the view through an Information Design Tool (IDT)-generated universe (.unx) in our BO 4.0 environment.

We did also create a brand new view with two parameters, and it had the same behavior (although it worked fine with only one parameter).

The script for the view is like the below.

/********* Begin Procedure Script ************/

BEGIN

var_out = select PROV_NAME, LOCATION, REGION, count(log_id) as LOG_COUNT

from "_SYS_BIC"."PackageJamie/AN_JamieTest"

where location = :IN_LOCATION

AND region = :IN_REGION

GROUP BY PROV_NAME, LOCATION, REGION;

END /********* End Procedure Script ************/

Any help you gurus/ninjas/swamis/shaman can provide would be much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183326
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I know you have opened this thread as to avoid opening an incident but I think an incident may need to be opened for your issue.(Its not in my usual practice to encourage the opening of incidents). When you say you upgraded to 11, I guess you mean SP11? 110?

SAP Development may need to create a fix for this but may someone else can add value to this?

KR

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Already opened an incident, was hoping SCN would be a little quicker.

former_member183326
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello James,

Ah ok I see. Can you give me the number?

KR

Michael

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using SAP HANA studio 2.3.5 version and i too facing the same issue.
Any root cause and solution for this issue.

It would be great if you can provide some comments or suggest notes.

Regards,

Rg

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

Am on SPS12 and on SAP HANA Studio Version: 2.3.8.

Am getting the same error as above. Please can you advise if there is a solution.

Here is the error when I do a data preview on the calc view with an Optional input paramter:

Error: SAP DBTech JDBC: [2048]: column store error: search table error:  [34023] Instantiation of calculation model failed;exception 306106: Undefined variable: $$INP_NR$$. Variable is marked as required but not set in the query

Thanks

Sudarshan

mangesh_kothuri
Explorer
0 Kudos

Sudharshan,

Can you try giving a default value to the input parameter and do a data preview?. Hope it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh,

It works if I give a default value, but the result is always filtered by the default value. Through studio, am unable to pass a different value to the parameter as the pop-up doesn't appear.

Thanks,

Sudarshan

mangesh_kothuri
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sudharshan,

Please check if your input parameter is being used in any calculation, as you mentioned it doesn't popup. The reason i asked to make the value as default is to know if you still getting the error.   

I had similar issue with data preview  where ever I have Input parameters in a calculation view. It was solved after up-graging to SP10.

Thanks

gokul_jayaraman2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Did anyone got this work ? Is there any SAP Notes for this ? I am having a simillar issue.

former_member183326
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you update your studio? It was mentioned here already?

gokul_jayaraman2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I have the latest version of HANA Studio.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Gokul

0 Kudos

Hi James,

What was the answer of SAP ?

I'm facing exactly the same issue as you and have upgraded my HANA as well 😕

Thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dorian,

I updated Hana studio to very latest patch, 2.2.12. This fixed the problem.

Thanks

Quentin

0 Kudos

Hi Quentin,

Thanks for the answer.

I added manually the parameters that was in the error statement by opening the view and then, into the Output windows, under the folder Input Parameters, add here as constant the parameters values.

Now it works fine

Dorian

Former Member
0 Kudos

James,

After you raised the incident with SAP for this problem did they manage to come back with a solution?

Thanks

Quentin

esouza8
0 Kudos

I'm having the same issue here with a new instalation.

Did anyone solved this problem?

I'm up to date with SAP notes. SP05 + all SAP Notes released until today (03/02/2016).

Thanks,

Eduardo Souza

Former Member
0 Kudos

We never actually solved the issue, we just worked around it. We just don’t run use the preview button, we open a sql window and manually build the statement with the input parameters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're upgrading from 84 to 110 and ran into (perhaps) a similar issue.  The upgrade went fine with no errors, but afterwards views that take required parameters were erroring on both the newer HANA Studio and our BOBJ server.  In the HANA Studio instance, the application stopped prompting us for the required parameters and then would show an error saying required parameters were missing.

Redeploying the views resulted in Studio prompting once again during previews and BOBJ returning data.