Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data type change in WSDL file and regenaring the proxy

banersu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I was given a WSDL file by third party that refers multiple XSD files .I have imported in ESR and generated proxy on ECC side accordingly.

Now I am asked to change the datatype and regenarate the proxy.

Now As per my understanding I need to change the datatype of a field from XSD:Datetime to another datatype at PI side and then have to regenarate the proxy in ECC side.

If I am ryt on above,

Could you please let me know how to change the datatype from WSDL file for a particular field at ESR of PI?

Thanks,

Suparna Banerjee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

banersu
Participant
0 Kudos

but now I am confused as I was asked to change the abap datatype from XSD_Datetime_Z to XSDDATETIME_ISO in the proxy.

are they meant to change it in ECC side from proxy editor.

Can anyone please guide me through the steps  how to change it from proxy editor.

Thanks,

Suparna

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Supama,

are they meant to change it in ECC side from proxy editor.

You can't edit the proxies types form sproxy transaction, and it has sense, because you could change a type that later mismatch with the real type on the ESR. Go to previous suggestions and to change the type in the PI ESR, with notepad, XMLSPY or editx. Finally, you only would need to regenerate the proxy.

On the other hand, i don't like to use  complex types for proxy communication, i'd rather use string types and later inside the PI do the needed transformations/validations. Not all the types are supported for proxy communication and sometimes is easier to do these validations/transformations on the ECC ABAP code or PI mapping.

Regards.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suparna,

You don't need to change anything in PI, After you generate the proxy in ECC before saving the proxy, by default ABAP technical type for xsd:dateTime is XSDDATETIME_Z.

Before save and activate the proxy you can select XSDDATETIME_ISO from the drop down like below.

Regards,

Praveen.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great Praveen,

I didn't know that possibility i always used a string and i prepared manually the format but without a doubt your way is the best. Always it is possible to learn something new in the SCN,  i love it!

Regards

banersu
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Praveen

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suparna,

I assume your imported files are not flat. Your imported WSDL is referencing multiple XSD's. So just export the XSD (which you want to change the data type) , edit it and change it to xsd:string and re-import it.

Hope it helps!

Thanks!

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suparna,

to change the data type in WSDL (imported as external definition), you need to export the WSDL and change in notepad/any other tool. Then reimport the WSDL again to external definition.

regards,

Harish

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Harish told you need to import and edit using Notepad or notepad+.