cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to integrate forms into portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have created a simple adobe form which works fine on the R/3 side. To integrate this with the portal we have created a iview.This iview calls a function module which prints the adobe form. In the preview we get a table with 1 row and 1 column instead of the form.

Please give some pointers if the procedure to integrate the forms on portal is correct or else please advice.

Thanks in advance,

Akshay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It worked.

praveenkumar_kadi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Praveen for the doc. If I create a WD application it is working fine, I am able to see the Adobe form.

But we have created the Adobe form in ABAP, and I am able to test it successfullly in R3. Do anybody have links, document that describes the detailed procedure of integrating form into portal?

TIA

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I assume that you create a Adobe Interactive form in Web Dynpro ABAP. Please refer this link to get to know the way to create the WD ABAP Iview in portal.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/1d/e4a34273f60b31e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Regards

<i><b>Raja Sekhar</b></i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I have not created the form in WD ABAP. I have created a FM, made it RFC enabled. And then called FP_JOB_OPEN, FP_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME, then the Form and FP_JOB_CLOSE.

Regards,

Amit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Not really sure how Print forms gets published in PORTAL. But have few ideas/pointers where you can try them out.

If I am not wrong there will be a report that is being written that calls FP_JOB_OPEN, FP_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME, FP_JOB_CLOSE function modules. Why dont you publish that report as a transactional iview ?

Am not really sure if this is the right solution, but I too anxious to know if there is any better solution to publish these print forms in portal.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried with Transaction Iview, and this is working fine. Then I tried with SAP RFC Iview also, here I am getting a table instead of the Adobe form.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Then what is the problem with the transactional iview?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

In tranactional IView, we have to give the report name again and again.

That's why I am not using it.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why dont you create a transactional iview for SE38 itself? And trying passing the report name as an application parameter in the iview definition...Not really sure if it will work.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually that method did not work, but rather we created a transaction calling the form in the PBO module. Thanks for your inputs.

Regards,

Akshay/Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Oh thanks for the solution. Would be useful to the needy in future.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its quite urgent.... Please help....