SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOD Process Automation in POS DM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello POSDM experts

I have a scenario to be matched in POS DM. POSDM should generate WPUUMS & WPUTAB IDOC only if Net Sales Value () matches with the Total Sales received from POS as End of the Day file.

In standard SAP we have a task 0030 used for End of Day reconciliation. Manually via POS workbench we can monitor whether total sales value matched with the EOD file by executing task 0030. If it does not match how I can stop the execution of other task for Idoc creation as an automatic process.

As per my understanding, we can assign some rule in task by which we can control this.

Since the total records (sales) and the sales are 2 different business process - how the failure of one business process can stop another business process.

Thanks in Advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

vikrant_mohite
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use link Rule.

Create rule ZR01

In control

Task for Rule Type 1 : 0030

No Action (Filter) : 0003

In task 0014

Checks - Rule Code : ZR01.

Make sure you execute task 0014 only after execution of 0030

Copy same settings for rule in task 0013.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Vikrant.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

vikrant_mohite
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use link Rule.

Create rule ZR01

In control

Task for Rule Type 1 : 0030

No Action (Filter) : 0003

In task 0014

Checks - Rule Code : ZR01.

Make sure you execute task 0014 only after execution of 0030

Copy same settings for rule in task 0013.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Vikrant.

0 Kudos

Hello Vikrant

Thanks for the reply. I tried the way suggested by you. Please see the screen shots with processing steps:

Hence, still it's not getting posted.

Please advise.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Make one small change in Rule.

Make Rule Type as Task Completed.i.e. in rule code Z004

Hope this time you will succeed.

Thanks,

Vikrant.

0 Kudos

Hi Again

Thanks for quick reply. I carried out the changes and tested the same with no success.

As per my understanding system is still checking whether 0030 task in the current business process (Sales) is completed or not. It is not checking whether 0030 of total record status.

How to configure in such a way that during the sales task processing system need to check the total records of End Of Day task?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Have you processed 0030 first and 0014 later?

Thanks,

Vikrant.

0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant

I processed 0030 first and then 0014. When I assign the rule - the task gives an error. But when I carry out the same process without rule assignment - It gets processed successfully.

How can we make the rule work correctly.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos

You must have to put rule else how system will understand the prerequisite for processing the task.

I'm glad it worked at least when you assigned rule.

Thanks,

Vikrant.

0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant.

still issue is not resolved. We understand that by rule only we control the processing of tasks.

what we tried to say is that if we define the rule and assign the rule into the task (0014) then task is not getting processed even though the task 0030 is processed successfully as the first step.

We just tried to remove the rule and checked whether our normal processing of 0014 works correctly and it is works.

So conclusion is that "Rule is not working as expected". What needs to be changed to make the rule works correctly by which we can establish the connection between the tasks that belongs to two different processes.

With Thanks,

Shobhit.

0 Kudos

Can you paste screen shot for rule and task from config screens

Thanks,

Vikrant.

0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

Please find the config screen shot of the task (0014, 0030) and the rule (Z004)

With Thanks,

Shobhit

0 Kudos

Try removing rule code from task 0030.

Thanks,

Vikrant.

0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

If we remove the rule code from the task 0030 then total balancing check will not work itself.

After removing the rule from 0030 task, system is updating the status of this task as success even though the totals are not matched. We cant do that.

Do you have any other options to address this issue.

With Thanks,

Shobhit

0 Kudos

Just restore settings for your rule ZR04 as it was earlier.

Now create another rule ZR05 - Rule Type 1 Task Completed

Task for Rule Type 1                0030

No Action (Filter)                  0003

And assign rule ZR05 in task 0010 and 0014.

Execute 0030 and then try 0010 and 0014

Lets check if this helps.

Thanks,

Vikrant.