cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Sorting a Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a Table in my application which references a Model Node. I have implemented the Table Sort functionality using the TableSort.java class. Certain columns in the Table dont get sorted though the sort icons appears while a few columns get sorted. Any idea why this is happening and how can I resolve it?

Thank You,

Bala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

find what is the datatype of those columns? and check out if for that datatype sorting is implemented or not?

regards

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member189631
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Bala,

Please see this tutorial https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sapportals.km.docs/documents/a1-8-4/devel...

Key features covered: sort a table (temporary), operating with detail forms, selecting multiple rows, calculated attributes

Regards,

Ramganesan K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sudeep..

But looks like that Table Sorter will work only for NW04s.

I'm working on NW04(SP15).

I'm using the Tablesorter class as mentioned in the blog but I get to face the above mentioned problems.

One interesting thing is if I get the Model Node values into a Value Node the Sort is working.

But the model node returns a number of records in my case which when looped and filled into a value node gives a serious performance issue.

Any suggestion why we get to face such an issue in Sorting when the Table is bound to a Model Node.

Thanks,

Bala

former_member286976
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

See the link

May be the same solution suggested work for you as well.

Regards,

Sudeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the back end the columns with Data Types CHAR is not getting sorted.

How can I solve this?