cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page Builder: Why is my home-made CHIP-CATALOG invisible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Web Dynpro Page Builder experts:

I am trying to build a "Home page" using the Page Builder framework, according to the example of "Web Dynpro ABAP Page Builder: Create your own CHIP-Catalog" by Sandra Thimme. The system difference is that Sandra's article was based on NW 7.31 but I am using 7.40.

Below are my steps:

1. Create a new wdr_chip_page config that is set as the CHIP provider.

2. Create a new WDR_CHIP_CATALOG component config that is the "home-made" CHIP-CATALOG.

3. Create a new wdr_chip_page config that is used as an app where my home-made chip (made by step 1) should be placed in a containder on the UI.

Problem:

When I use the UI editor to insert the CHIPs, I cannot find my own CHIP CATALOG from the "CHIP catalog" panel no the right of teh screen.

In addition, in the article by Sandra, at section "Assign your CHIP_Catalog to you Page", I cannot follow the three steps as they are not in my UI of 7.40.

How can I verify if my CHIP provider does work?

How can I assign my CHIP catalog to a page?

Can anyone help? Thanks a lot!

Dong Zhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Share the knowledge:

I found the reason:

In 7.40, the consumming app config has to set the CHIP_CATALOG line with the component id of the home-made catalog config id. Should press btn 'Start Configurator' to go the property editor. Note that the folder of the CHIP-CATALOG is the 'Page Title' of the CHIP Provider config.

The most comfusing part in some docs are the unconsistant items names used in the copoments, applications, configurations in the SE80. Eg, it would be a lot clear if all the new windows appear after doing the cofig actions can be given "consistant names" in all SAP docs, such as "UI editor window" etc. As there are many new windows appearing, developers are confused with which window the doc is taliking about. 😞

Anyway, set this post to answered.

Dong Zhu

Answers (0)