Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BODS via SLT to target SAP ECC

vijy_mukunthan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

We are doing a big consolidation project of merging 2 ECC system into 1 ECC. Currently we are in the planning of migrating all the data using BODS tool. But the volume of Material master is around 18 Millions using BODS best practise data migration job will take long time to migrate only material master. So i thinking to go with different approach

1) Using BODS extract all the necessary data do conversion and transformation logic build exactly like target structure like MARA, MARC, MARD, etc and push the data to LT server from LT server we can push to ECC system this will surely will take less time ( I am assuming )

2) Use SLT to connect both source and target and migrate the data to target SAP. But i dont like this approach has we do need build complex logic in ABAP for material master duplicate check and transformations. But in BODS its easy to build the duplicate logic and cleansing logic

Let me know how to approach. If option 1 is good then let me know the process how to migrate and pre-requisites. Option 2 i think i can get the documents from service market place still someone can throw some light

In both the cases i need to check the SLT license cost. some 2 years back we talked to SAP about this but the cost was too high. I need to check once again.

Thanks and Regards

Vijay Mukunthan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member254877
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay-

Would say go with the option 1, if the requirement is to
perform lot of validation checks/duplication checks/files generation. Etc then
BODS is the best tool to implement this.

If the volume is High, then design your IDOC data flows to
such a way that it should have a Low and High variable and once it reaches High
value and increment that value at run time.

vijy_mukunthan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas

I already done the performance test with IDOC of more than 100 K materials. Its very slow. From BODS point the job completed within 2 hours all the IDOC's are pushed to SAP ECC side. In SAP based on the work process and resource availability the batch job run hours to process the IDOC. Even if i tweak my  BODS job to push more IDOC but from ECC side it will take its own time. This is because ECC and BODS is connected at application layer not at Database layer. Definitely it will take long.

Only SLT ( is connected at DB layer) and it will update the tables directly. So i prefer to option 1. But still i need solid proof from SAP which can prove consistently the SLT can perform good data migration with my above specification.

Regards

Vijay Mukunthan