Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EM WEB UI - Pop-up Development

ZenonK
Participant
0 Kudos

EM Gurus.

When I select an Event Line in the standard WEB UI  the Event details are displayed at the bottom of the screen.

Requirement:  Change the standard so that when a user selects an Event Line, a pop-up box appears

with the (1)Event, (2)Actual Event Date & Time and (3) Location automatically populated.

The user would then select the Send button in the pop-up box.

This is similar to what happens when the User selects the POD check box but the the values have to be pre-filled.

I've already suggested the standard Search Help function but this was rejected because the user still has to select

which location (painful if there are 50 locations).

I guess that this will require some Web Dynpro programming..    

On a side note, I've noticed that many EM projects decide to develop there own Web UI because of additional

requirements that are not available in the standard (or that standard is not sexy enough!)

Regards.

Zenon.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sukumar_perumalsamy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi zenon,

Use Dynpro enhancement to create the popup with required details . it's achievable and i have done the same in EM 7.

Cheers,

Sukumar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ZenonK
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu & Sukumar.

Both good answers!!

If the Event Handler has 10 Delivery Events at different locations it's probably not possible to use pre-processing to find the correct location.

I guess I'll have to enhance the Dynpro.   Need to ask Santa for a good Web Dynpro book 

Cheers.
Zenon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

LOL. Santa is busy with Kids list:)

Zenon,

Same issue might occur even in the popup while pre-filling location if you have 10 deliveries. Just a thought, you can use Expected events which are not reported, sort them by EE date and pickup the location of the first UNREPORTED expected event and populate location on event in pre-processing or custom dynpro, whichever way you choose to do it.

Like fist delivery reports to first EE, second delivery reports to second EE and so on.

This logic holds good only if your event is an expected event and your delivery EE are in sequence ( based on stages/stops/route).

Regards,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zenon,

Based on your question, I assume you were interested in pre-filling the location before posting ("SEND BUTTON") an event. Is that correct?

If so, you can consider adding location via pre-processing. This way User doesn't have to worry about selecting/filling location. Event date and time are pre-populated by default.

To your question of custom webUI, it's not uncommon practice to create a custom webdynpro and personally I am not against it. If a project demands lot of UI changes which is not catered by std UI, go for it:). Only concern will be time and cost associated to create custom UI.

Thanks,

Vishnu