Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Screen Fields

Can we have our own custom fields on the Additional Data tab in IW32 (Service order ) Txn ??

Thanks

Tags:
Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Reshmi,

This has turned out to be a bit more complicated than I had imagined. In SAP, there's this concept of screen sequence groups which applies to the transaction (IW32) we are now dealing with, as well to some others in the area of Plant Maintenance (and other areas). Here, the tables T185* are used to control screen sequences. The system queries the tables (using the Function Module SCREEN_SEQUENCE_CONTROL) to see if the screen sequence is proper and permitted in the application context.

There's a transaction called VFBS which is to be used for customizing these screen sequences. Since we are using an enhancement to cause a minor diversion to sequence of screens called in the IW32 application, we have to do the necessary configuration. I have tried to replicate your scenario and have been successful in avoiding the errors. Here's the procedure to be followed -

1. Make the Function Code of your Push Button to begin with Z8 or Z9. That is the allowed namespace for the entries in this table. You can verify that using the report RDDKOR54, by choosing the table name as T185F. Also, though not mandatory, try to make your Function code only 4 characters in length. Let us say, for the purpose of this discussion, that the function code you are using is Z8XY

2. Go to transaction VFBS. Give the program name as SAPLCOIH. Select the table T185F (First Radio button Option) and go into the change mode. Make a New Entry in the table as follows:

Program = SAPLCOIH
TTyp (Transaction Type) = *
FCode = Z8XY.

Save the data and come back to the initial screen of VFBS

3. From the initial screen of VFBS, give the program name as SAPLCOIH again and select the table T185 (Second Radio Button Option) and go into the change mode. Make a new entry in this table as follows -

Program: SAPLCOIH
Scr.seq.group = *
It.gr.scr.seq. = *
Screen group = *
Panel = *
Processing Location Function code = Z8XY
Next Location Function Code = Z8XY
Parameter source = A

Save the data and come out of the transaction. In this step as well as in the above one, you will be prompted to give a transport request.

4. Now go to IW32 and test the new push button again.

If you're still having some problems, please revert to me, I shall try to see what can be done.

If the problem is resolved, reward the points and mark the thread as answered.

Regards,

Anand Mandalika.

P.S. The above procedure, to the best of my knowledge, is the standard way of resolving the kind of errors we have encountered. It is not to be considered just as a means of circumventing the problem.

5 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question