cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

material determination

0 Kudos

Hi SD Gurus,

I have 3 materials - say A,B & C. Now I want to substitute material A with material B , but since neither material A nor B is available i.e.of zero stock , so I want to replace material A with material C. I want that while creating sales order with material A with a quantity say 5 tons ,it will check every-time whether material B is available or not,if B is available then replace material A with material B else with material C(which will always have a minimum stock of say 2000 Tons).

I tried by creating condition record with VB11(using standard material determ.type of A001), then I entered "reason for material substitution" as '0004'(i.e.  Automatic material selection) ,then finally I clicked on Alt. Materials button(F2) and entered "Material B" in first row of "Alt. Materials Column" and entered "material C" in 2nd row and ticked the 'MRP indicator' of only the first row i.e. Material B ,leaving the 'MRP indicator' blank for Material C.

Also I assigned Procedure "A00001" to my order "Sales Document Type" ,and finally I defined the "material substitution reasons" by selecting "strategy" for '0004' as "blank"(i.e. Automatic Selection) and "outcome" as also "blank"(Item will be replaced) .

But then when I went to create order using VA01 and my regular customer say "14" ,product as A in Item column of line items ,then enter qty say 4 tons and when i press enter only material B is appearing and not Material C as a substitute as I wanted it to be.

How can I ensure that? or will it appear when I try to create delivery or billing?

Again I repeat for readers convenience, the quantity of the 3 materials before creating the order was as below -

Material A - Stock 0 Tons

Material B- Stock 0 Tons

Material C -Stock 2000 Tons

I wanted that when I try to create Sales Order with material A it will get replaced by Material B if there is stock above zero for material B ,otherwise Material C will get replaced with Material C (which will always have a stock more than the order quantity).

Hope someone can help me in this regard.

Thanks & Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Please someone kindly reply.It's been a long time waiting  but no response from anyone.

Thanks & Regards