cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Key Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I have encounter one problem while doing merging of two records either in Vendor or in Material. I have set EDIT KEY MAPPING in console as ON .

But after merging two records i am not getting any records in the EDIT KEY MAPPING pop-up it is blank.

Please suggest any change which i have do and for information i am using Maps saved from standard maps.

Much thanks in advance

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

I think you have not mapped the remote key.

In Import manager under Map/fields value tab for your source table right click in <i>Source hierarchy pane</i> and Select <i>Clone field</i> from context menu.

Now map this <i>clone field</i> on source to the <i>Remote key </i>field of target.

And then perform import.

If you check EDIT KEY MAPPING then your client system will be shown.

Thanks and regards,

<b>Sagar Sonje.

Mark Helpful Answers</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sagar,

Do i ahve to map all the field after making clone of them in the source hierarchy pane or only the top filed. Now i am using excel as the source .

I ahve mapped one top filed after making clone of it with the remote key but it is not working.

Need your help more.

Thanks

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Please check following console settings:

Unload the repository.

In left pane in the console select the repository on which remote key mapping is to be applied .After this from the right pane select the table on which remote key to be applied and enable the key mapping by making it ‘YES’.

If you are using the Main table then Select Main Table like Vendors/Customers/Product in your right pane of Console i.e. <i>Tables</i> pane and enable the key mapping by making it ‘YES’ for this table.

Now In Import Manager <i>select source table and select that destination table for which you enabled key mapping</i> just create one Clone field which can provide useful info e.g. you can create clone of Important fields like <b>Customer ID for Customer table or Vendor Number for vendors table. </b>

Now check it out and let me know.

Please revert if any queries.

Thanks and Regards,

<b>Sagar Sonje

Mark Helpful Answers</b>