cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the future of Agentry field service apps?

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Last week I read the roadmap for Agentry Field Service apps:

https://service.sap.com/~sapidb/012002523100006639702015E.pdf

Interesting news is that new client will have support for UI5 and apparently Windows Phone for Work Manager will be released using this UI technology.

Does this mean that at some point in the future all Agentry apps will use UI5 (Fiori) + Gateway technology? Will the Agentry client become some kind of customized Kapsel? After more than 2 years of experience, my knowledge of Agentry technology is quite wide, but I would welcome a lot this technologies because we all know the limited flexibility/performance of Agentry UI technology and the old fashioned way to expose the back end using JCO. Of course I also hope that offline capabilities of Agentry can be used in HTML5 technology some way or another.

I know you may have some limitations to talk about this, but if you could put some light on the subject, it would be great:,

Regards,

Marçal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Marcal,

At this point, there is a goal (as you shown in the link above) to have Agentry field services apps to be presented in Fiori like client. We cannot give anymore details until it is general available (GA).

Regards,

SAP Mobile Support Team

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Mark,

It would be interesting to know an approximate date when we can see how Fiori like client running, but I guess it's confidential for now. I hope you will update us with a new blog when the news are made public.

stephen_kringas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marcal,

FYI The Asset Management Mobile Apps Roadmap (Agentry) has been updated this March and contains this interesting bit on UI5 in the planned innovations section -

"UI5 Generic OpenUI Control

A generic framework control to allow designers to easily integrate UI5 functionality"

Mobile Applications for Asset Management and Field Service Roadmap

are you able to provide a rough target date for this functionality?

Thanks,

Stephen

Answers (0)