cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ME SDK Custom PAPI and Webservice development

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having on requirement for developing a custom PAPI service which can be used from MII BLS action blocks. Now that can be achieved using a ear DC and a java DC. At the same time I also want the same functionality to be also available as a web service in the SAP NWA and to be tested from WS Navigator. Now for web service development we require a web DC and an ear DC.

My question is can the code in java DC be reused in the in the Web DC using the same ear file. If can be done then please let me know the process. Or I will be needing a separate web and ear DC for the web service development and need to use separate java classes copying the same logic used in the java DC for the development of custom PAPI. Please advise.

Thanks

Anirban

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185234
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anirban,

Yes , custom PAPI can be re-used from any DC in your custom project.

1. Create Java DC with custom PAPI and create ASSEMBLY and COMPILATION Public parts. Add classes to created public parts. Add ASSEMBLY PP as dependency to EAR DC.

2. Create Web Module DC for web services and add  Java DC COMPILATION PP as dependency. Call custom PAPI by using Services.getService ("module","serviceName") from web service class. Add web module DC as dependency to EAR DC.

3. Deploy EAR.

Regards,

Oksana

Answers (0)