Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error - Assign Condition Type to CO-PA Value Field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are in release ECC 6.0.

We have got MTO and MTA scenario.

In case of MTO scenario, variant configuration is done. Material codes used in MTO type sales order have got ITem category - TAC - "Config.at Mat.Level". In case of MTA type of sales order standard materials are used with Item category - TAN - "Standard Item".

One of the SD users had wrongly created MTO type sales order with standard material having item category - TAN and used condition types applicable for Variant Pricing (e.g .condition type VA01). Billing is also done. But same could not be released to accounting as it gave error " Assign Condition Type VA01 in CO-PA".

Users cant reverse the transaction as material is already dispatched to the customer with Excise Invoice.

Now, pl. help me to understand - is there any link between Item Category and CO-PA value field?

Because if materials with item category TAC are used in MTO type SO with condition type VA01, the bill gets properly released to accounting. Also note that this condition type VA01 is assigned to an account key which is assigned to Revenue GL account (a cost element having cost element category - 11). We have not assigned this condition type VA01 to CO-PA value field in KE4I.

But when standard material with item category TAN wrongly used in MTO type SO with condition type VA01, released to accounting did not happen during billing. It gave the error stated above.

How is system differentiating between the two?

If I assign above condition type VA01 to COPA value field in KE4I, it may allow release to accounting. But I need to know the reason.

Kindly help in this regard.

Regards

Ratna Palit

daksh_pawar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you get the solution? cz I'm also getting the same error from end users. hence unable to sort it out.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

alex_zheng
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ratna,

You may take a look at SAP Note:

20254 - INFO: Values from SD not transferred to CO-PA

Please check if the G/L account determined for the variant condition was created in CO with cost element type 11 = "Revenue element" or 12 = "Sales deduction" (the cost element defined for the G/L account is of type '11' or '12').

If so, then it's necessary to define the condition type in KE4I.

Best regards,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply.

I am checking the note 20254 as mentioned by you. I shall check the details and revert.

Regards

Ratna