SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Order Lot

former_member261786
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am looking for a solution approach on bellow scenario for payment orders.

1. Customer will made a payment on portal, data will be validate by bank for real time check, and on successful scenario system should create a payment order lot and clear the outstanding debt.
  2. On next 2 days will get the real time payment via file, and will post using payment lots to customer account.

Primarily to test this scenario, I am directly creating FP45 payment order lot but system is not allowing to post direct manual pay order lot to BP.

I am aware that Pay order is flexible solution for payment program, to test this manual payment I have done the following config checks.

Posting area   

Default Values for Payment Order Lot

Document Type      

PO   

Payment Order

Clearing Reason      

Incoming Payment

Selection Cat.      

B     

Business Partner

For FPY1, payment method is marked as “Pay order”, does this cause any issue.

Kindly provide your clarification.

Regards,

Hari

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member261786
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any suggestions on this pay order concept.

Regards,

Hari

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

former_member261786
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any suggestions on this pay order concept.

Regards,

Hari

0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

As per Standard SAP functionality, payment order lot creation and processing is only successful, when there is payment order posted against the account, which has blocked (technically not clear) the outstanding receivables.

So, on posting the payment order lot, the payment order is reversed and item in the payment order lot (FP45) gets settled with the outstanding receivables.

Now in your scenario, you are trying to create a payment order lot without having a payment order in the first place.Moreover, if you have already posted the payment order lot, then what activity is Step-2 performing?

I don't think the payment order functionality fits in the business scenario, that you have mentioned.

Instead, as you are performing the Bank validation in real time, then why not post a payment through a payment lot.

You can achieve this using the function modules BAPI_CTRACPAYMINC_CREATE, BAPI_CTRACPAYMINC_APPEND, BAPI_CTRACPAYMINC_SCHEDULE

BAPI_CTRACPAYMINC_RELEASE and BAPI_CTRACPAYMINC_CLOSE.

You can go through the documentation for understanding the purpose and sequence in which these FM's need to be called.

I am still unclear about Step-2.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Thanks for your response, I wrongly mentioned in step 2 as payment lot instead of payment order.

Here customer can make payment through Payment gateway.  And awaiting for a confirmation from payment Gateway.

Once we receive the successful confirmation from the Payment Gateway. We want to post a (Deemed credit or temporary credit) to the contract account of the customer, because we get the actual payment details only after 2 days from Payment Gateway (T+2).

So, we thought of using the SAP payment order functionality to post the (deemed credit or temporary credit) to the customer contract account. But we are getting the error as specify “at least one payment order”.

Thanks,

Hari

0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

an automatic payment order need to be created when payment has been received by the bank. Using this order number you can create the lot in FP45 with selection category as Z.

check the payment order header table DFKKPOH for the relevant BP/CA

Thanks

Poorna                     

0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

I think once you receive the successful confirmation from the Payment Gateway, you can post a payment order using the FM,FKK_PAYMENT_ORDER_INSERT.

This will do two things-

(a) Firstly, the receivables for which the P.O is created will not be subjected to dunning.

(b) Secondly, the P.O will lock the receivable so that any other credit/payment posted against the account doesn't clear the same. This will make the account comparatively clear and easy to view.

Now, once the confirmation from Bank comes, you can post the Payment order lot.

This will reverse the payment order and will clear the outstanding receivables.

You can go ahead with the single payment lot posting as well after the bank Confirmation, but just make sure, that in the interim, i.e. b/w customer payment and the bank confirmation, there is no activity made on the outstanding receivables for which the payment is made.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Amlan

rahul_paldiwal2
Participant

Hello Hari,

There is nothing new in the scenario which you have mentioned.

Usually it takes 2-3 days for clearing from any payment channel.

I would say not to complicate things : Create a payment lot once the bank sends the same in the nightly batch file.

Usually business build in their T&C that any payment requires 2-3 days to clear.

Regards,

Rahul

0 Kudos

Rahul Agree with you, this is one kind of solution proposal from team.

we are with payment lot now.

Thanks all for your clarifications.

Regards,

Hari