Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CV Display in Word document

venkat_o
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

We have one requirement where we have to generate CV dynamically and display/download via Web dynpro ABAP in Word document format. Basically this for portal users to display CV if not display option, at least download option.

I have found SIOS package. Programs under that package all usages MIME objects to display either in Excel or Word.

Please let me know how do I achieve dynamic CV.

Regards

Venkat.O

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member211591
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

you can create an WD application to up- and download files. Thus the user can upload a word document (actually it doesn't matter which filetype) and download/open it later.

You shouldn't consider to use embedded MS word (OFFICE_CONTROL) at first place.

Just upload a file to the (e.g.) MIME repository and open this file from there. The browser itself will suggest you (according to the filetype) which local program to use to open the file.

Brief technical explanation of an application which enables the user to up and download files.

Upload:

- Use UIElement FileUpload to Upload local file of any type to the mime

- (You should set a limit for the allowed maximum size of a file)

Download/Open:

- retrieve XSTRING  of file from the MIME repository.

- and use cl_wd_runtime_services=>attach_file_to_response( ... )  to download/open that xstring.

Some screenshots from my own application:

Main application is a  tablecontrol, which manages the files.

Button "hinzufügen" opens file_upload dialogue (Popup with UIElement FileUpload):

Uploaded PDF:

Opening file:

First Column is an LinkToAction (with filename as text). OnAction method of this calls "cl_wd_runtime_services=>attach_file_to_response( ... )" and thus creates file_open_dialogue:

Regards

ismail

venkat_o
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My requirement is dynamic not static.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do consider storing the CV template in BDS and populate the details via your WDA....

Search for keyword is "BDS" and "Webdynpro ABAP" in SCN. Cheers.