cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying old CRs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

When there are multiple CRs for a Material, all these changes are nicely captured in the Change Documents.

However, when we open an older CR, it doesn't display the values of the original CR instead it displays the current active data.

For example if a material is created with Dangerous Goods Indicator 001, then another CR change it to 002, when we display the original CR it displays 002, whereas users expect to see 001.

Is there any way to display the original CR with values as it was processed?

Thanks,

Hakan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I haven't heard on this question.

I wonder if this is a standard behaviour or if there is a configuration.

Can we display an activated / processed Change Request with it's own values aka with the values related to that CR on the change document?

Cheers,

Hakan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

Change Document will be holding all the changes for the material which is in Active CR as a standard.

To view the history of the material changes , you need to check the material master record.

- Do check whether the material is holding the Change number mapped to it .

- if yes , then all the complete history will be captured under the Change number in Material Master.

thanks,

Best Regards,

Gopi Chandiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

Thank you for your reply.
We use Change Documents to see the history of the material master.

However the requirement is to display Finalized Change Request with values of the time it was processed.

Currently, when a Finalized Change Request is opened, it displays the active data.

Is it possible to display the finalized CR with data associated?

Thanks,

Hakan

raghu3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hakan,

As far as I know , this is not possible. The framework always shows the latest data. Change documents are the only way to find the changes.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Too bad we cannot display it but it is good to know.

Is there any reference document / link that I can confirm this?

Thank you,

Hakan

raghu3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hakan,

That is a very good question. We had a similar requirement from our user department. We did some very extensive analysis and went through lot of documentation. We couldn't find any documentation supporting the existence of such feature.Ultimately , we found this by analysing the code.

Regards,

Raghu