cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ERP to Bank Integration via gateway server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My client is using SAP ERP where FI team will generate transaction files in .xls format and place it in Outbound shared folder from where the SAP PI should pick up the files and post to client gateway server in the required folder where it should also be encrypted. The next step is like Bank will install the SFTP  in gateway server of our client and that SFTP will poll for the new files in the outbound directory and pulls them to their bank network.

Reverse scenario is like SFTP will poll for the Bank server for reverse files from Bank and places it in the specified folder of Gateway from where PI should pick up the files and post them to Inbound shared folder of ERP.  But I have the below queries on the above scenarios:

1. I am not using  for both Inbound & Outbound scenario, In outbound scenario where the transaction files to be generated from ERP system a file naming convention should be followed with parameters like Transaction type,date & etc to generate the file names so since there is no mapping involved here in PI what are the possibilities to achieve in PI? If it can be done through command line option in the channel then I am not aware of the script to generate the file name. Hence, is there any possibility for ABAP guys to generate the file name via any report after FI people generate file according to the bank format? Which will be easiest option ?

2. Since Gateway server of our client comes in between SAP ERP & Bank and encryption is used, my question is whose public key should be used to encrypt the files in PI either gateway server's or bank server's ?

Thnx,Nithin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

1. As you are just picking and drooping the file then you can ask ABAP team to place the .xls file with the name which is expected by bank then you need to enable ASMA in both Sender and receiver channel so that file name will be same.

2.Question here is who would be decrypting the file is it your Client gateway server or Bank ? you need to encrypt the file using the public key of the one who is decrypting it.!

One more question here when you talk about Client gateway server what type of server it is File/webserver/AS2 etc.?

Br,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Thanks for your response! I wish you a happy new year, Sorry for delayed response.

2."Question here is who would be decrypting the file is it your Client gateway server or Bank ? you need to encrypt the file using the public key of the one who is decrypting it.!"

- Bank should decrypt it, I really don't know why does bank require an intermediate server again, pls let me know if you have any idea?

" One more question here when you talk about Client gateway server what type of server it is File/webserver/AS2 etc.?"

- It's a windows machine which supports FTP protocol and I believe it is a File system. I need to ask network team if you need this info.

My question is here say here if In a day if PI picks up file from ECC folder, encrypts it and posts 10 xls files to a physical path in gateway server. Later Bank picks up the files from gateway server using SFTP by batch job. How to ensure that on next day if Bank should not pick up the same files which are posted to the folder on gateway server on earlier day and to avoid duplicate files and double payments.

Thanks,

Nithin.

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

So in case if bank is decrypting the file then you need to use the public key provided by Bank to encrypt the files using modules. So check with Client whether is it FTP or SFTP server and you can connect it accordingly.

My question is here say here if In a day if PI picks up file from ECC folder, encrypts it and posts 10 xls files to a physical path in gateway server. Later Bank picks up the files from gateway server using SFTP by batch job. How to ensure that on next day if Bank should not pick up the same files which are posted to the folder on gateway server on earlier day and to avoid duplicate files and double payments.

For this you can ask the Bank that once they pick  the files using there application either they need to delete the file or move it to archive folder so to avoid duplicates.

Regards,

Manoj

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

-->Banking application for sure will have option to reject the duplicate payments in case the files are not archived from the gateway server which in turn will be the response status payment messages which will be the separate interface in your case.

-->banks will not allow to acces their network directly so you will need to have a gateway server which will have firewall open between gateway and bank network this is all because of security

-->bank suppose to share the key to encrypt the data which you can use it in PI

-->If file is generating in SAP ECC AL11 then it supposed to have the specific file name please check with the functional team or refer the functional doc once again for the file name.

Good Luck

cheers

Pawan