cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant-wise different calculation for VAT on freight condition

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

My client's requirement is to follow two different calculation for their two plants with same pricing procedure.

For Plant 1- (Basic Price +Excise Duties+ VAT) + Freight

For Plant 2 - (Basic Price+excise duties +Frieght) then VAT @ 4% i.e for plant 2, freight should also be VATABLE item.

For Plant 1 i had configured the pricing procedure and its working fine but now for Plant 2 what needs to be done in the same pricing procedure ?

Please advice.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot experts !

Issue was resolved.Two condition type also did not work in my case because 3 other condition were also dependent on Freight condition like Service tax on freight.

So the Solution was to write a new routine with the help of abaper and assign to pricing procedure.

Regards,

Vikal

former_member183501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikal,

Thanks for sharing the solution.....

Now, please mark it as "Answered" so that others could also get benefit from it.

Regards

Kamlesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikal,

Nilay has suggested in a better way.However, I would like to suggest that you can achieve the client's requirement by having only 1 Freight condition type which you have already configured. You may create a new Condition table using key combination of "Plant" and assign it in the existing Access Sequence which is already assigned to the respective Condition Type.Hence, your client would be able to create Plant-wise condition record using different rates.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Kamlesh

0 Kudos

Thanks Kamlesh.

i dont think it will work.Because my requirement is not to use different rates but to use same condition type in same pricing procedure but at different steps plant wise.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kamlesh,

In the given scenario, we will need two different Freight Condition Types, because the requirement is to have Freight before or after VAT depending on which Plant is used to dispatch the goods.

This means that say for example for plant A, Freight condition need to be a step 400 and for plant B the Freight condition need to be at step 500 in Pricing Procedure, assuming that VAT is at STEP 450.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member183501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jignesh Sir,

Thanks a lot for your valuable guidance!

Yes, you are absolutely right, after re-reading the original post I got the clue as you explained but couldn't reply that time due to some reasons

Keep on suggesting, we need to learn a lot from you.

Thanks again for your reply!

Regards

Kamlesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can have two different freight conditions in same pricing procedure; for e.g. ZFR1 (Freight Before VAT) & ZFR2 (Freight after VAT)

Ensure to have correct logical steps in your pricing procedure.

You can activate the freight condition accordingly in pricing procedure based on plant access.

Thanks

Nilay V

0 Kudos

Thanks Nilay.

Can you please explain what do you mean by "You can activate the freight condition accordingly in pricing procedure based on plant access"

Should i create a new condition table and access seqence ?

Regards,

Vikal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As both the condition type is different; you can have the same access sequence/table.

Assumption:

1)ZFR1 (Freight Before VAT) & ZFR2 (Freight after VAT)

2) In your pricing procedure ZFR1 should come before VAT and should be consider in base value of sales tax & ZFR2 should come after VAT

For plant 1:

Where VAT is not to be calculated on Freight:

Maintain record in condition type ZFR2 (VK11) with plant in access sequence; so that ZFR2 activated only for that plant.

For plant 2:

Where VAT is  to be calculated on Freight:

Maintain record in condition type ZFR1 (VK11) with plant in access sequence; so that ZFR1 activated only for that plant.

Trust this clarifies.

Thanks.