cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4k resolution - problem with rsa1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I'm using a new Notebook with Windows 10 and a 4k resultion (3840x2160). In Windows everything is ok, but in SAP - especially in rsa1 - there are some problems with the layout. Some menus are cut off, some parts are too smal:

Fontsize is set to 9 in configuration in SAP GUI. The latest SAP GUI with latest Support pack is installed.

Any ideas how to solve this Problem?

Thanks very much

Tim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've spend some time and made some tests. Please find attached some screenshots, in which I've changed the zoom-settings in windows from 125% to 250%. As you can see, the menu and the button-group are shrinking. I think, this is interesting, because the rest of the transaction is ok.

125%:

150%:

175%:

200%:

225%:

250%:

Does anybody have some new ideas concerning this issue?

Thanks and regards

Tim

shane_kelly2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

the 125% looks ok to me..what is the issue?

I'm also thinking of a new laptop with 4K resolution...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shane,

if I use the zoom with 125%, the objects are a too small to work efficient on a 15 inches notebook Display (I'm using 200% zoom currently). But this is my opinion, maybe this setting is fine for you I would give you the advise to test this before you order your new notebook...

Regards

Tim

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The application controls the resolution,but at the same time has to take into account that the

SAPgui might still be used on an 800x600 screen resolution.

We still have to allow for these small screens even nowadays as there are still some monitors in existence using these low-res screens.

Is the OS zoom setting at 100% or is it greater than this value? Please try set to default (recommended

setting) and check if the issue still occurs.

Regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jude,

in windows zoom is set to 250%, which is the recommended setting. I've already tried 225%, but problem is the same then. If I use a zoom less than 225%, then Icons, texts and so on are to small in windows.

Regards,

Tim