cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap business objects issues ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

1.Two developer are working 2 different tables with the same universe same time how will you synchronize two provide me steps?

2.is it possible to create context on short cut join? if possible how and what is the use of context in these scenario?

3.index awareness i have 2 primary key's which one take first?

4.what type of universe level restriction we have in udt and idt?( other than Row and object level restrictions)

Regards,

Boya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.Two developer are working 2 different tables with the same universe same time how will you synchronize two provide me steps?

check this.

Tutorial- Step by Step - Project Synchronization- IDT

2.is it possible to create context on short cut join? if possible how and what is the use of context in these scenario?

Yes it is possible to create context and shortcut joins in universe.Context is  set of joins which define the path between the tables.Context is required to eliminating the loops in the universe tables.

Shortcut joins helps to bypass the joins between tables.Let say you have four tables A.B,C,D.Joins are like A->B->C->D.if joins possible between A->D and in some reports you need to display the objects from A and D tables objects then you can use shortcut join between A->D.

Universe Contexts in a Nutshell | Michael’s BI Safari

Dave’s Adventures in Business Intelligence » Context Versus Alias Overview

3.index awareness i have 2 primary key's which one take first?

4.what type of universe level restriction we have in udt and idt?( other than Row and object level restrictions)

What are you expecting?explain in detail. Static filters at universe level is usefull to restrict the data also.

Amit