cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a Forget Password or Reset Password Option in Portal 7.4 or Portal 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried the enable the Reset Password option but  it didnt work.

Can anyone guide me ,how to add an Forget Password Option to a customize logon page (where only background is changed).

Requirement is: To have an Reset Password Option on Logon Page & once the user clicks he should write his User id & email id ,once this is done he will clcik on Submit button which generates an Email to respective user & he will either have an reset password or a link to reset password.

Can anyone help me on this,Kindly provide me where to do changesin logon page ,as it is not accepting any changes.

We are using SAP Portal 7.31,where i have dowloaded tc~sec~ume~logon~ui.war

DO I need to download & do any more chanegs anywhere?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please refer this thread and example code. it may be useful  forgot password link in portal logon page | SCN

and Custom Password Reset Tool in SAP Enterprise Portal Using Web Dynpro for Java

Kindly let me know if you need any more information

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a custom role in portal and assign UME action "Logon_Help" to role.

if assign above new role to the "Anonymous Users" group in portal, the Forgot Password link will be shown automatically on the logon page.

Please refer below link for logon war customisation.

Developing a Custom Logon Screen - Developing Authentication Enhancements on the AS Java - SAP Libr...