Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ccmsr agent configuration for two database instance on a single server

former_member265504
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to configure agent for the database instance so that database server statistics could reflect in st06n(its a distributed system and the HOSTAGENT for application is already configured)

There are various links available in internet for this( I followed steps as per http://scn.sap.com/thread/3626350)

Steps I followed(please let me know if I am wrong):

1.From root Deactivaed SAPHOSTAGENT by disabling the parameter.

2.From root installed SAPCCMSR and did the registration via sapccmsr -R

The logs are getting created in /usr/sap/tmp/sapccmsr and I could see the data getting reflected in st06

But now I have another system database instance in the same server. So here is my doubt.

Can I configure two stand alone ccmsr for different database residing on the same server. If yes how can I do that because both use the same root user and the path /usr/sap/tmp/ will also be the same(both the system are distributed system & both database are residing on this server.

Thanks & Regards,

Rajdweep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Rajdeep,

please take a look at KBA, which describes how the sapccmsr agent can be configured for this:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1952392

Regards,
Alwina

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajdeep,

I guess your question is about registering the ccmsr agent to supply data to the two different SAP systems as you have two different databases of two different SAP systems running on the same hardware.

Same data is reported to both systems as CCMSR is going to collect the  OS metrics like CPU, Memory etc., No data related to the DB is going to be collected by the CCMSR agent.

A way out here is to add second system as central system so that data is pushed to both systems. While registering the system, you will see following question and provide input as y to add second system.

INFO: Central Monitoring System is [SID]. (found in config file)

additional CENTRAL system y/[n] ?   : y

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gopal