cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query operation failing integrating SAP PI with successfactors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to SAP PI and working on POC as part of some project integrating SAP PI with success factors. My scenario is SOAP <--> PI <--> Success Factors. I am trying to query some data from success factors using SF APIs. Sender is SOAP UI and receiver is success factors. Everything is working fine. I am able to connect to SF. But while making simple query "select id from User", I am not able to get the response from SF. It is failing with error:

<text>com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Error encountered while executing mapping: com.sap.aii.af.service.mapping.MappingException: Mapping failed in runtimeRuntime Exception when executing application mapping program com/sap/xi/tf/_MM_QueryResponse_SF_; Details: com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf7.IllegalInstanceException; Cannot create target element /ns0:queryResponse. Values missing in queue context. Target XSD requires a value for this element, but the target-field mapping does not create one. Check whether the XML instance is valid for the source XSD, and whether the target-field mapping fulfils the requirement of the target XSD

at com.sap.aii.adapter.soap.web.SOAPHandler.processSOAPtoXMB(SOAPHandler.java:773)

at com.sap.aii.adapter.soap.web.MessageServlet.doPost(MessageServlet.java:530)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:754)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:847)

As per the error message, it seems queryResponse tag is not coming in response from  successfactors. But if I directly make same query using SOAP UI, I am able to fetch records from successfactors. Facing this problem only making call via PI. I have taken the response from SOAP UI and tested my mapping in ESR and it is working fine. I tried "listSFObjects" operation also from SAP PI and it is working fine without any error. Getting correct response from SF and mapping is working fine as well and returning the correct response back to Sender.

Kindly advise what could be the possible reason for this behavior. Attached are the screenshots.   

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183816
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Problem is in your PI mapping _MM_QueryResponse_SF_, it seems. Either you have not mapped queryResponse node at target structure correctly or the payload structure which you are sending to PI, is not matching with the source structure of your mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

_MM_QueryResponse_SF_  is fine, I verified. I suspect second reason  could be the one. But, I am not able to see what success factor is sending back in response to PI. Only thing I see is the mapping error. Is there a way I can see response payload from target system as well other than error ?