Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP APO GATP Configuration

sudhakar_padam
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I would like to ask about GATP settings. I  have started E2E GATP case in my company POC server. I have completed almost all configuration with the help of DP and BW stuff.

Before going into my issue, Below configuration I did.

1. BW set up ( Info objects )

2. DP (MPOS, Planning Area,Stroage bucket profile, time bucket profile, Time series creation, Planning Book and Data view). Defined CVC as ( Product,Customer and saleorg)

3. GATP Settings.

-> Check mode and check instructions

-> ATP group ,Check control and Scope of check for  Product availability  check

-> Product Allocation settings for Allocation check.

However I copied CVC from DP to GATP. CVC active in GATP also. But still throwing "Characteristics combination not found" during ATP check.

in DP CVC :

Product     Customer     Saleorg

Product-A     123     1000

CVC in GATP

Product-A 000000123 0001

Sale org is not copying as 1000 and leading Zeros are comming for Customer and Saleorg.. Will it cause for above Error? If not, would I missed any thing in GATP?

Kindly help me in this regard.

Regards

Sudhakar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sudhakar,

The sales org and customer that are contained in the availability check structure coming to SCM from ECC MUST match exactly the CVCs you have created in DP and in Product allocation group.  If the characteristics are coming across with leading zeros, then you need to make your CVCs with leading zeroes as well.

Best Regards,

DB49

sudhakar_padam
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your inputs, Successfully configured GATP settings. In MATP, activated component check instruction as " Product Check " ,Planning Procedure as "1" (Manual with check )  and Proposed Strategy as "10" make to stock.

While executing ATP check in ECC, MATP performing and confirming the order for Finished Good by exploding the   PDS in APO.

My question is actually I don't have stock for component, then how it will confirm the component during MATP. Kindly check below Screen shot.

Check Mode : 030

Planning Proc : 1

Proposed Strategy : 10

Kindly check above and revert your thoughts

Regards

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sudhakar,

Your scope of check appears to allow confirmation at checking horizon.

Best regards,

DB49

sudhakar_padam
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Could you please explain the importance of that Checking Horizon. I have enough stock for component but it is not confirming if I put "No check horizon " However confirming the order irrespective of stock if I put " confirmation at checking horizon".

Could you please explain further.

Regards

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sudhakar,

To understand the significance of Checking Horizon, refer to sap help

Product Availability Check Using the Checking Horizon - Product Availability Check - SAP Library

You said

...I have enough stock for component....

The behavior you describe implies that this is not the case.  Exactly how did you reach this conclusion? 

Best Regards,

DB49

sudhakar_padam
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Let me explain my observation on MATP.

Observation 1 :

PDS having one component and Component having enough stock.

Check Instruction for FG Product : 050/A and for component 030/Z.

Scope of check 02/A for FG and 02/Z for component. However for Component selected "NO CHECKING HORIZON" and executed ATP check. System throwing Missing parts in Availability Screen. Also checked CO09 tcode in ECC for component Stock is available.

Output : sales order struck with  missing parts even though stock  available.

Observation 2 :

PDS having one component and Component having enough stock.

Check Instruction for FG Product : 050/A and for component 030/Z.

Scope of check 02/A for FG and 02/Z for component. However for Component selected "Confirm at  CHECKING HORIZON" and executed ATP check. System confirming the sales order however I checked the scope of check in Availability screen for component. No stock updated in the scope of check. How component is confirming in these case. Even though maintained strategy as "10" for component. System not checking the component stock and creating dependent requirement in RRP3 view for component(Customer segment) .

Output : sales order confirmed. Planned order created for FG Product in customer segment and also dep.req crated for component in same customer requirement. How it is possible component should be in common segment. I don't know where im missing the settings.

Hope you understand the issue and component not checking common stock during Product Availability check.

Can you please suggest how i can rectify this one ,  what is root cause for this strange behavior.

Regards

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sudhakar,

Have you selected "always collective requirements" in the demand tab of the product master for the components?

Best Regards,

DB49

Answers (0)