cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order line disabled after delivery creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Business users want the sales order line item to be greyed out after a delivery document has been created, users should not be allowed to go in change mode via VA02 and make any Changes to do line items

Any special settings for this?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you discussed with the business what kind of changes precisely should be restricted and in which process scenarios?

In certain cases there could be legit reasons for the users to modify sales order items after delivery creation - process document incompletion logs, manually complete sales order for partially delivered and billed items etc.

From my perspective it would be safer to allow the modifications that the business considers as 'risky' to be performed by 1-2 key users per sales organization and the regular users to get limited options for performing changes.

In addition to the suggested approach, you can have a look at userexit_filed_modification in mv45afzz. Probably you can implement some logic there to check whatever preconditions the business finds appropriate and perform authority-check against a special authorization object. The reason behind is that you may still need the standard approach for system users/support team/key users - depending on what kind of risks you wish to avoid and what is your current setup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veselina,

Thanks for your input, what i find strange is after creating a delivery document, for example 5 items, if i go back to change mode in VA02, it is possible for me to change the original quantiy to 2 and save! this should not be possible if a delivery document has been created, in cases for partial deliveries, i guess one can Always create a new line with the new quantity, however the business requires that no Changes can be made to the original quantities once the delivery has been created

is there any configuratino to fix this issue? some other users did mention the use of status profiles, some are even suggesting user exist like you mentioned

what is the best possible solution without the use of an Abaper, i want this to be a last option

Many Thanks

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Regarding decreasing the order item quantity in case of subsequent documents - you get message V4 083 as a warning when you change the order quantity to be less than the quantity delivered. This behaviour is controlled in transaction OVAH. If you decide to change the defaults, please perform extensive end-to-end testing on all possible scenarios that you can think of before you implement that in a productive environment.

I cannot estimate what could go wrong in your system if you set V4 083 as an error, but for sure you will need to involve the logistics consultants and the solution architect in the discussion - they will provide you with feedback.

The main idea behind the change, which I briefly mentioned in my previous post (not the field modification), was to minimize the risks of abusing the system (adding items) while keeping the possibility for a few knowledgeable and authorized people to perform some manual adjustments to resolve certain issues. Status profiles might probably not work very well combined with DSD in our case, because as a result of FSR additional items may be added in the background and also some items can be rejected.

If you do not have the budget for development, then probably you can try the suggestion for status profile maintenance and see whether this would cover the requirement by the business.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

michael_kozlowski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check/Create status profile (trx OK02). Check assignment of status profile for document flow header and items (trx VOV8 and also trx VOV7).

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What you are expecting is a standard functionality. Once a subsequent document is created, system will not allow to make any changes to that line item.   After generating delivery, is system allowing you to make change in sale order line item ?

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the user can make changes, the order line should be greyed out so no changes can be made unless the delivery document is deleted