cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATP check on storage level checks on plant level?

former_member271718
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the following stock data of one material

Total ATP stock is 0.

ATP stock on storage location A is 0.  This storage location has much more Issues then receipts, 21 issues and 10 receipts

ATP stock on storage location B is 5.  This storage location has 5 receipts (Movement type 561) and no Issues.

When I change or create a sales order with that material (quantity 1 PC) and the storage location B (with ATP of 5), then the stock is only confirmed at the RLT, which is a normal reaction when the check fails, however the stock of storage location is 5 PC (ATP).

In transaction OVZ9 the setting is according to the check on storage location level (special field not marked).

Availability check is 02 and Checking rule A.

It looks like that the ATP check is still on plant level, because the overall ATP is 0.

I have the following questions:

• What could be the reason that the check fails although the ATP stock of the material of storage location is 5?
  • How can I check debug (which function module) and based on which internal table or field where the system decides to go either ATP on plant level or on storage location level?

Regards Kees

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

AmanSharief
Explorer

Hi Van,

Generally, standard SAP ATP check executes at plant level.

However, I had come across a situation in one of my previous projects where in we were required to manage the stock at storage location level.

We could able to achieve this through maintaining value '2' for the field 'Sloc MRP indicator' in MRP4 view of material master.

Please check this helps for you.

Regards,

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kees,

Standard ATP will take the LOWEST of all the atp quantities available.  So, if you have Storage location ATP quantity of 5, batch ATP quantity of 5, and plant ATP quantity of 0, ATP will confirm 0 (or in your case 'lead time'); since plant is the lowest of the three.

In standard, you cannot disable the plant level check without disabling ATP entirely.

Refer to http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/547118 question 6.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member271718
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dogboy,

Thanks for your answer,

I checked note 318998 as well. The example here is the other way around. Though you have enough on plant level as it seems (CO09), you have not enough on both storage locations involved. In my case I don't have enough on plant level but enough on storage loc. B.

Let me explain in more detail what I did.

• I created a new material and stored 5 PC (MvT 561)on stock storage loc. A (ATP stock is 5)
  • I created a sales order with storage loc. A and that order was confirmed the same day which is correct. If I would try storage loc. B in the order, then there is no stock available, approving that the check is on storage loc. level.
  • Then I transferred the 5 PC (in this a MB1B Material to Material) to another material. Simulating a Return to Vendor which might happen in practice. Suppose the materials have been damaged.
  • The ATP stock (of storage loc. A) is still confirmed to the sales order. I didn't carry out a reschedule yet.
  • Now I increase the stock on storage loc. B to 5 as well.
  • The result on CO09 is:
  • Stock on Plant level 0
  • Stock on storage loc. A is 0.
  • Stock on storage loc. B is +5.

Then I create a sales order with storage loc. B. In that case it should confirm the quantity, because the ATP is on storage loc. level, but it doesn't.

We always create orders with storage loc

First

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kees,

Stock quantity is irrelevant.  The only quantity that is relevant for this issue is ATP quantity, which is what I am assuming you are talking about.

You have answered your own question.  Plant ATP quantity is zero.  As I mentioned earlier, and as is clearly stated in the mentioned note, ATP will check all segments, and the resulting confirmation will respect the LOWEST available ATP quantity of all relevant segments. 

You cannot force ATP using standard functionality to check only the storage location segment and ignore the plant segment. 

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member271718
Participant
0 Kudos

Dogboy,

Thanks again.

off course I mean ATP stock, because stock isn't relevant, I did forget to enter ATP in front of it, sorry for that.

Referring to the examples of both notes, they talk about the combination of orders on plant level and on storage location level, that is why I am a little bit in doubt. That situation (of the notes) sounds logical and it can be explained. My example is about orders on storage location level only. Do you mean that ATP on plant level (when insufficient ATP on plant level)  applies also to orders on storage location only?

So ATP on storage location level means:

1. If there is enough ATP stock on plant level then we have ATP on storage location level (assuming storage loc. in the order and OVZ9 marked accordingly).
  2. If there isn't enough ATP stock on plant level, then we have ATP on Plant level. (assuming storage loc. in the order and OVZ9 marked accordingly).

Anyhow the result of this (your replay), is that I know what to do when the above situation occurs. That is reschedule on Material level which will delete the confirmed quantity and increases the stock on plant level to 5.

Last Remark:

I don't understand the logic behind it, but that was a choice of SAP, it is designed that way. Sometimes it would be nice to have the background information of certain choices.

Regards Kees

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kees,

My example is about orders on storage location level only.

With respect to ATP, such a fact is irrelevant.  All orders check all segments, unless you choose to exclude storage location segment in your scope of check.

Do you mean that ATP on plant level (when insufficient ATP on plant level)  applies also to orders on storage location only?

ATP is always checked on all possible levels (segments).

I don't understand the logic behind it, but that was a choice of SAP, it is designed that way. Sometimes it would be nice to have the background information of certain choices.

I suspect that this particular functionality was created so as to bias confirmations against overconfirmation, but in the end, you would have to speak to Walldorf to get the actual answer.

I have been working in SAP software for almost 20 years. I have grown to treat SAP software in the same way I treat women.  We agree on most matters.  When we do not, I always remember that in the end, she is different from me; sometimes perplexing.  There is little practical benefit to be gained by delving into 'why'.  I no longer question why SAP behaves the way that she does, I merely learn the behavior and deal with it.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member271718
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Again,

Your wife must be very happy with you .

I am only 19 years in the same business as a consultant (and involved in the SAP business since 1993), that is maybe the reason why I still keep asking. I am looking forward to next year.

Anyway thanks a lot, getting away of my "why?" for today.

Kind Regards Kees

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you confirm that the delivering plant is flowing in sale order and for that the corresponding right storage location is assigned in configuration.

G. Lakshmipathi