cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting PFCG roles - Personas 3.0 integration to NWBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have configured PFCG roles with personas 3.0 web links (with server details) for NWBC 5.0. They are working fine.

Now, we need to transport these roles in to QA system. Do we need to manually change all the personas web links in PFCG roles ? What is the approach we need to take when configuring personas 3.0 + nwbc ? Kindly suggest.

I also tried to configure as mentioned in the below link, but I was not able to go past 2nd step ( mentioned screeen shot was missing) I was getting standard screen after 2nd step.

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/Img/Configuring+NWBC+to+use+SAP+Screen+Personas+3.0+Flavors?wb4...

In the blog http://scn.sap.com/community/gui/blog/2014/03/25/sap-netweaver-business-client-and-sap-screen-person...

below information is given, but I am not able to understand this.

In Personas 3.0 (for SAP GUI for Windows), however, Personas is a separate, native, implementation. Therefore, there is no need to wrap a flavor in a BSP. This means that the links are not broken, so the issue will be resolved.

I also tried to launch the t-code directly in NWBC but not all the changes/buttons of personas flavor are available. So, I am not able to go through this route. When I use a weblink, I am able to access all the changes of personas in NWBC.

Any ideas on how this can be done?

Best Regards,

Uday

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you say more about what happens for you when you follow step 2 of Tobias' wiki page? It looks OK to me in my system (although I don't run NWBC so I can't test it fully, the variant stuff all works OK).

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your response.

After I perform the step2 of Tobias' wiki page- I am able to create a variant transaction. When I open this in NWBC, I get the screen which does not display entire Persona changes. {eg. few text / buttons are missing). It uses SAP GUI for windows to render the flavors. We cannot use this personas screen as it has incomplete functionality. This is mentioned in the Note in wiki page - "Limitations of SAP GUI for Windows". In other standard transaction I tried, I was again able to create a variant but upon running I could only see the initial screen of standard transaction and not the Personas screen.(I think,this is because, personas script of skipping the initial screen didn't run. When tested on GUI for HTML, personas screen changes works fine) - Overall, when working on NWBC for Windows - this is a issue as mentioned in the Note in wiki page. Attaching a screenshot of second step.

With the other option of "web address or file" -  changing system details in URL is the issue when transporting from one system to another.

Best Regards,
Uday

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I sounds like the reason the screen isn't rendering correctly is that NWBC is using SAPgui for it, and right now SAPgui doesn't support all Personas features, Eventually SAPgui will fully support Personas and this problem will go away.

In step 2, when you run /personas/launch, there's a checkbox labelled "Open in browser". If you tick that when creating the variant, then NWBC should launch the transaction/flavour in the browser. If I hit the execute button in /personas/launch, it certainly does open a browser, so it seems like it should from NWBC also, although as I said above I can't test this myself. Does this not work?

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good to know that SAPGUI will fully support Personas features in future.

Sorry Steve, I am unable to find the checkbox "Open in browser" in /personas/launch. Can you please tell me where it is located. Am I missing anything. We are on Personas 3.0 SP level 0001, is it because of this ? And yes, I think what you mentioned should work. I am excited to test that.

Best Regards,

Uday

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ah, you are right. That checkbox appears in SP02. Sounds like a good reason to apply the patch!

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone pls help me on this ?

Best Regards,

Uday

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Uday

I'm CCing in as your question is really more on the Personas side then NWBC. You might get better visiblity for someone to assist you

Since your post is a few weeks old... perhaps can assist?

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Colleen.