SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing procedure - Classification rule check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goodmorning,

can anyone explain to me how the classification rule check works?

my requirement is to extract starting from characteristic values assigned to an assortment a list of articles. those articles are assigned to a Material Group that is classified by a 026 class.

in the SAP help we found Classification Rule check but we are not to able to found the transctions or procedures to use.

thank you for your support.

Regards,

Maria Grazia Bombini

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi Mariagrazia Bombini
SAP provides a basic listing procedure called B2 which uses the classification check
The classification  check involves finding the assortments that have the matching values of Characteristics corresponding to article characteristics values
We do all the basic master data maintenance as we normally do for Generic article and Its Variants , But listing of the article is done on the basis of Procedure B2 and what I have found is that B2 checks would work when we do the listing processes using Standard assortment module while it does not work when we try to do list Via article maintenance (MM41/42) or through Single article or mass article listing
It could work successfully when I adopted the following steps
a) Create  the Characteristic CT04 : along with Values X Y Z
b) maintain the characteristic profile  CLWE with above characteristic and using option 2 as relevant for variants
c) assign the above Profile to MC in WG22
d) Create the assortments - general through WSOA1 and assign the stores as Users or Customers
e) Create a classification group for the assortment using WB70 and Class Type as 047 and assign the Characteristic as created in step a
f) assign the assortment to Class using WB76 and while assigning select the permitted value of Characteristic(s)  example X , Y
g) create the article using the MC created an select all the values / or as relevant as applicable Characteristic values example X Y Z
h) create variants and do not do listing and maintain data in other screens like Purchasing , Log DC and store
i) Create a standard assortment module using WSO1 and assign the module to assortment using Procedure B2
k) finally assign the article to the assortment module in WSO2 and save
l) we can check the article variants of Values X and Y listed to Our assortment
Thanks

0 Kudos

thank you very much Narasimha!

your suggestion was very helpful for me.

I did all step you mentioned and the check worked.

but i have a problem classifing the assortment : i would assign more than one class with the same characteristic but with different values. do you think is it possible?

i try to explain it better with an example

i would like to classify the assortement with classes blouse and jeans and search the articles classified by brand.

for the blouse i would choose a brand but for the jeans i prefer another brand.

may you sugges to me any solution?

thank you very much

Maria Grazia