cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting among different system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Say, if I have an ECC installed on a machine, with AS ABAP. I installed another AS Java on another machine, how do I configure and what is the communication method from the AS Java to the backend ECC?

In a broader view, How does SAP establish communication in an extended system landscape?

E.g.

System 1: ECC

System 2: BI

System 3: Portal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thumb rule is connection b/w a java and avab can be done using JCO.In the JCo service provider(of ur Java System) you would be asked to give the gateway host and the gateway service. i.e. you have to give the name of the ABAP system (ECC)and the gateway service as sapgw<CI number> and then in the application server details you have to just give the details of the ABAP system to which you need the connection. The user name and password would be a user who is having the role of a communicatior. SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION role. Or use the admin user like ddic, it will work. what is the role for SAP_JSF user.

Following these links.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3a/3b1b40fcdd8f5ce10000000a155106/frameset.htm

In this link you can find all needs for JCo connection PDF and all.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloaditem?rid=/library/uuid/f0b0e990-0201-0010-cc96-d7ecd2e51715

Also reward suitable points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.

I understand JCO is used to connect J2EE to R/3.

But I wonder in ERP 2005, if I install SAP system in an extended system landscape fashion for example:

Machine 1: ECC 6.0

Machine 2: BP, with AS JAVA+ABAP

Machine 3: XI

Machine 4: SCM

How to establish the communication among all these components together?

When installing, we need to do what, and underlying, the system uses what method to communicate (RFC, Webservice...?)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pr_srinivas
Contributor
0 Kudos

What is Machine 2: <b>BP</b>, with AS JAVA+ABAP?

==

First come out with a requiremtn what type of integration you are looking between the systems ?

All systeems integration JAVA SYSTEMS ==>JCO==>ABAP

it could be thru ITS - it depends you require JCO (or) ITS depends what BP & what you are lokin for !!

Regards

PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, EP or Enterprise Portal, not BP.

I mean to understand the popular method of integration in such extended system landscape.

thanks