cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replenishing stock from WH to WH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have taken a look at Replenishment control which seems to be replenishing stock within the same WH using the Picking storage indicator to derive which storage type to pick the stock from.

My question is what process in SAP supports replenishing inventory between two WH's?

Eg)

Sloc1 linked to WH1.

Sloc2 linked to WH2.

Stock in WH2 needs to be replenished from WH1.

Many thanks

Clayton

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

a warehouse and WM is to manage operations within 1 warehouse in a more professional way than you can do it with pure IM.

From this point of view you will not find any option in WM to replenish goods from another WM.

You have to go the level up to materials management, replenishing a storage location from another storage location is a strategy in the KANBAN process.

See the IMG > Production > Kanban > Replenishment Strategies > Define Stock Transfer Strategies

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if the warehouse is physically separated then you can use the STO process which is a standard Goods issue from WH1 and Goods receipt in WH2,

if it is in the same premises then you can use MIGO---Posting change functionality with movement type 311.

1) MIGO--Transfer posting mvt 311

2) system create material document / Transfer requiement

3) create Transfer order against the TR (LT04)

4) Confirm the transfer order , system will transfer the stock in 921-transfer bin in the another warehouse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that.

I am aware of those methods but I am asking specifically if there is a automated SAP process as their is with replenishment control within the same WH?

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

probably i am missing the point ....which steps you are taking about automization could you please elaborate, if it is about during TO creation picking the quant from warehouse WH1 then you can always give a reference movement type to movement type 311 and assign that in  storage type search

Former Member
0 Kudos

If my Material in WH1 has a min value of 50 and my stock drops to 25, I would like for SAP to automatically generate a TO from WH2

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

not possible with standard SAP

search strategy is always for a warehouse not multiple warehouse.