Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling Attributes based on country

former_member198652
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

We got some requirements and can you please provide suggestions to build this.

The requirement is to disable one field(attribute) in UI for the user, based on the user country.

For example, If user country key is IN, for this user, Country key should be invisible in web UI.

But for other users(other country key), it needs to be visible.

Is there any way to do it on dynamically(i.e based on the country key,attribute in UI should be invisible).

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Jaya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Jaya,

I played around with a couple of ideas and this was (in my opinion) the easiest to implement:

I created two UI screens with different access controls. Use the filter control and the query builder to build your query. It would look something like this:

The second screen would have an access control for the other country.  Based on this the user would only be able to view the task for their country. You could even name them the same so that it would all be transparent.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks,

Matt

former_member198652
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thank you very much. We will develop based on the your concept and will let you know if any issues faced.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Jaya

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jaya,

Glad I could help.  Looking forward to seeing what you discover!

Matt

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya, Matt,

I was thinking if extension framework can be used

and then change the attribute properties to hide the field programattically

This is a suggestion - might be better ones.

Best wishes,

Fedya

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya,

What version of IDM are you using?  You can probably do this via the REST UI, but I don't know of an EASY way to do it via the Webdynpro UIs.  (I have a couple of thoughts, but I'd have to play with it a bit)

Matt