Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distribute the goods to Customers

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Need your suggestion to deliver the goods to Customer from warehouse(Distribution)

we have two process : procurement and distribution.

in the procurement process, we will create PO and obtain the goods and store it in third party warehouse.

In the distribution process, we will get the request from our customer(Non SAP). after that we will inform warehouse to deliver the goods to customer address. once warehouse ships the goods to customer we will get the shipping delivery notification in SAP.

Please help if my understanding is correct for distribution part.

1. Customers sends request to SAP to deliver goods.

here we will create Sales order with delivery note.

2. SAP sends delivery note to Warehouse

3. Warehouse sends the delivery confirmation to SAP

here we will post delivery confirmation to SAP against SO.

Also please help what idoc needs to be used sending delivery note and receiving delivery confirmation

will the SO gets closed after posting delivery confirmation?

Regards,

Muni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member233130
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Muni,

Is there any difference between this process design and normal sales design on material management wise or item category wise?Or just making SAP and external wms communicate is enough?To me,this process needs some differencies during inbound and outbound delivery processing.

Thanks in advance

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmet,

It has been 3 months since this discussion started and there has been many changes.

i can say whatever discussed in this thread, all discarded and we are in the direction of different solution.

we are skipping customer integration and proceeding with warehouse. our company<--> warehouse.

so it involves,

1. send po to warehouse

2. send ASN

3. get GR from warehouse

former_member233130
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Muni.

So you are not actually receiving  the goods but only closing up the PO i guess.

thanks again.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Muni,

As per my understanding, warehouse is not using SAP and it's working on Non SAP system. Delivery created in SAP system then it's send to Non SAP System (Warehouse). in warehouse Picking and packing happened and this information send back to Delivery back. once it is done PGI activities go through.

you could take the reference of below link.

Idoc in Delivery Processing - ERP SCM - SCN Wiki

You can use Idoc for Delivery as below.

Message Type : DESADV, Basic Type: DELVRY05.

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Thank you.

Will the sales order gets closed after posting PGI?

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Muni,

I did not get your point.

Sales Order status become complete once Delivery is done.

Thanks,

Prashant Sharma

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks. This is what i wanted.

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

just want to confirm.

1. when sales order created, SAP should trigger outbound idoc(delivery)

SAP-->PI-->Third party

2. when Third party whare house receives the delivery info, it loads the goods and sends back the confirmation. so here inbound delivery idoc will be posted to initiate PGI process.

Third party-->PI-->SAP

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Muni,

As you explained earlier.

1. Customers sends request to SAP to deliver goods.

here we will create Sales order with delivery note.

Based on your requirement I told that Delivery will be created in SAP only BUT after creation of delivery in SAP we sent delivery data to warehouse (SAP-->PI-->Third party).

Process will work as below.

SAP process:

1. Sales order created in SAP.

2. Delivery will be created in SAP with reference to Sales order.

3. IDoc will be triggered in Delivery and send the information to Warehouse (SAP-->PI-->Third party).

4.Outbound IDoc will send to warehouse (third party system)

Third party system:

5. Warehouse (third party system) will receive this Idoc.

6. Warehouse (third party system) will take this delivery information and will do Picking & packing there.

7. Warehouse (third party system) will send information to SAP.

SAP process:

8. SAP receive updated delivery information (with picking & packing data) through inbound IDoc.

9. This inbound IDoc will update/change the Delivery (update picking/packing qty in delivery) in SAP.

10. We can do PGI in SAP through Delivery.

Thanks,

Prashant Sharma

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
10. We can do PGI in SAP through Delivery.

Muni,

I agree with you and not with point 10 of Prashant.

After 3PL has loaded the truck, then 3PL system sends information to SAP. When this inbound, to SAP, information is processed, then PGI must happen automatically.

Why would you want to do PGI separately? It is one extra step. and even worse, manually?

TW

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
After 3PL has loaded the truck, then 3PL system sends information to SAP. When this inbound, to SAP, information is processed, then PGI must happen 

this is what we are doing. from integration perceptive, once 3pl sends the truck loading info signal to SAP, we are posting PGI.

we have added one more step here. POD(proof of delivery). once goods are received by end user, 3pl sends signal to SAP to create POD.

I agree with you and not with point 10 of Prashant.

ok. changed.