SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Meter Read Order Creation

0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for giving me an opportunity to share my question over here.

My concern is related to meter read order creation for a particular scenario. Say, for some xyz account, we have periodic Scheduled Meter Read Date on 30.09.2015. The read has been successfully updated ("01" Meter Read)as well satisfying the particular order.

Now if the account moves out on the same date i.e. 30.09.2015, then business movers are amending Move-out read ("03" read) on the same date.

Now both "01" and "03" are billable read. Though logically the read with lesser priority should get suppressed but how do system should behave in such cases to avoid any conflict causing billing error ?

Many Thanks,

Krishanu.

4 REPLIES 4

daniel_mccollum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Periodic reads are a lower priority than move out readings.

SPRO>SAP Utilities>Device Management>Meter Reading>Meter Reading Order>Order Creation>Define Priority of Meter Reading Reasons for Meter Reading Interval Check

The help is well defined in my opinion.

also, with a move out occurring on the same day as a meter reading result, the 03 will adopt the result for the move out, so there is still only 1 reading. refer to tables EABL / EABLG. the MRID will have a single result entry in EABL with 2 reasons in EABLG

You shouldn't have 2 distinct MRIDs in this scenario, as if the Periodic was not filled the move out should suppress the order as less important.

0 Kudos

Thanks Dan for the response.

Yes, from SPRO Configuration, I checked the Move-out read is having higher priority so ideally it should be picked up for billing.

However, in contrary to your last statement, I have seen two distinct Internal Doc Id (MRID) for two billable reads on same date.

What surprised me more, 01 read was created a couple of days earlier than the 03 read but with suppress indicator. My understanding is system suppressed the 01 read as it found another read on same date while posting the 03 read on a later date.

0 Kudos

Was the move out date adjusted? In EC56 it is possible to EDIT>Change Move out Date (F7)

0 Kudos

Move-out read was amended when move-out was replicated from CRM end.