Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top N on measure not in the Visualization

fritzfeltus
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I'm trying to apply a Top N to a stacked bar chart on a measure that is not included in the Viz.

I’ve got measures for total passengers during Early, AM Peak, Inter Peak, PM Peak and Evening times in the stacked bar chart. I want to show only the Top 5 of the summed value of all measures (=sum all of layers in stacked bar chart), for this I’ve got another measure called Total (with the sum of all those measures), and there is also the possibility of using a custom calculated measure.

I don't want to ruin the purpose and appearance of the chart by adding Total into the chart and then creating the Top 5 on Total.

Is it possible to create a Top N on a measure or calculated measure that is not included in the Viz?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can't figure out how to do that with a custom calculation; there is a similar idea in Idea Place at After Top 10 or 15 etc. give the total of rest other : View Idea - I encourage you to vote for it.

fritzfeltus
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy - thanks for your reply. That idea doesn't cover the requirement, I do not want to group values outside of Top N.

I just need to create a Top N for a Viz -> on a measure that's not in the Viz.

If the consensus is that my requirement isn't possible at the moment, I'm happy to create a new idea?

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, create a new idea if you cannot find an existing idea

Answers (0)