cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control of Movement type 551

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

We have situation in our plant our users are overusing 551/ 552 movement types to adjust the stock in plant to avoid cycle counts.

We have define tolerance limits for cycle counts posting to overcome this limitation user use 551 & 552.

Is it possible to define tolerance value limit for 551 posting?

How can we control 551 with larger adjustment?

Can someone please help us.

thank you

Neal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if 551/552 will be restricted with a tolerance then they will use 201/202, or they might split the quantity into many smaller quantities.

The tolerance will not really restrict anything.

As Dibyendu said, you need to analyze why people are doing it and you then need to consult the people how to do it better and also explain why it is not a desired way, and last but not least you may need to have a commitment from your management  about measures which will be applied if the rules are not followed.

Of course you can use a BADI in MIGO to check on a Z-table with tolerance or even check the cycle count tolerances if you don't want a Z-table, but as stated above, people might find their way around if they do not understand why they shall not do it and do not know how to make it better.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By improving business scenario. Think why your users are doing 551 movement type? The reason is it is required to do. If there are no requirement, then your user will not do the same. So, you need to think about business requirement instead of setting tolerance.

What if tolerance limit will exceed?

By the way 551 movement type is not used for stock adjustment, it is used to scrap stock quantity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Patra,

I am aware of use of movement type 551. we used it for scrap the material-

business does have weekly scrap report- they review the posting. The problem arise when we put the tolerance limits on Cycle count posting. Now user can't adjust without higher level approval. So to avoid this some user use 551/552 posting to adjust the stock.

We have internal tracking for all the scrap posting.Business are aware of that but I was just wondering if there is way to control the this movement  based on amount beside limiting usage of the movement type per users.

thanks for your input but I am looking for more SAP solution then Business solution.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am quite sure there are no standard SAP solution to limit value for certain movement type. You may try own development.