cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mixed storage in bin by SUT

former_member214692
Participant
0 Kudos

All my bins have the same fixed volume. Say a bin can hold 10 t-shirts or 5 jackets. The t-shirts and jackets can be different styles and colors. In other words a red shirt or blue shirt. I don't have weights or measurements for the items. I'd like to putaway all shirts into a bin or all jackets, but not both. Once an empty bin receives a shirt, it is 'reserved' for just shirts. So if I'm receiving two materials - red shirt and blue shirt - they would both go into same bin.

I've set up SUT A1 for shirts and A2 for jackets. Bin 01-01-01 may be storing shirts now (up to capacity 10), but once it's empty, it could accept shirts or jackets. My palletization is 1 EA (need one SU label for each item).

My first problem is putaway strategy. I'm trying to use 'P' and the Pallet strategy is still allowing me to mix shirts and jackets into a bin. Is there another approach? (Can't use Bulk, as bin will only be occupied by single material....I want system to direct mix of materials 1 EA into single bin if there is capacity).

Am I forced to section off bins....so one set of bins (by section or bin type) will only allow for shirts, and another set of bins for jackets? I'm trying to avoid this since range of incoming materials is always very variable. Say 30% shirts one day, and 70% shirts another day. That would force Logistics to constantly mess with storage bins (section or bin type) to accommodate the GR. Storage bin space is at a premium.

Thanks,

Vlad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you won't be able to achieve the same by standard SAP putaway strategy you need to write your own putaway logic in user exist MWMTO03

Answers (0)