cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to archive webcam images into sap DMS

0 Kudos

Hello all,

we have a requirement from warehouse management team is as below,

A vehicle is park at parking area. while entering in to the parking area that vehicle is being stopped at boom barrier and then the driver scan the details of vehicle. after the confirmation the barrier will open and vehicle image is being captured by the webcam.

now the requirement is to archive those webcam images directly into the DMS system with unique ID.

Will this be feasible? if yes then what approach to be followed to achieve the same?

Atul Tulaskar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Yes we can use the RFC to call BAPI BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE2  / we can use I doc DOCMAS with basic type DOCMAS05.

Intermediate method can be PI / other tool.

Rgds,
Nayeem

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

from classic DMS point of view it is of course possible to create a document info record for this vehicle and add the image as original. The unkown thing for me is how the interaction between the webcam or surveillance program and SAP DMS will work.

I could imagine that the BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE2 could be called by RFC maybe from external side to create the document info record. But to be honest this would be a question for an experienced SAP consultant because it must be clarified how the webcam can interact with the SAP ERP system.

Best regards,

Christoph