cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Type of product availability check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear APO Expert

How product availabity check calculates in Time series check and fixed pegging relationship

which is defined in check instruction.

Your help will be appreciated

Regards

Jaisree

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Parth_Soneji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you please elaborate your question? It is not clear from what you have stated.

Best Regards

Parth Soneji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Perth

Thanks for responding

In t-code (/SAPAPO/ATP07) we select type of PAC as below

can choose between the following options:

• Only Time Series Check

This is the default setting.

The product availability check does not consider any fixed pegging relationships; instead it only performs a time series check. This can reduce the available quantity by the quantity from the fixed pegging relationship.

• Only Fixed Pegging Relationships

The product availability check does not consider the time series, instead it only considers fixed pegging relationships and assigns the quantity from the fixed pegging relationship to the requirement first.

• Fixed Pegging Relationships, then Time Series Check

The product availability check first considers fixed pegging relationships and then performs a time series check. In doing this, the system first assigns the quantity from the fixed pegging relationship to the requirement. If a remaining requirement exists, the system assigns the quantity from the time series to it.

I want to know what is difference in available qty if i select Timeseries and fixed pegging ??

Regards

Jaisree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jaisree,

I think the explanations for the second and third options are extremely clear, I don't think I could explain them any better.

Time series in this context is a standard Product Availability Check concept.

Pegging; including Fixed Pegging, is a Planning concept.

Both of these concepts are similar.  For both of these, SAP software creates relationships between supply and demand in Livecache.

ATP time series are created dynamically, similar to Dynamic pegging. Within ATP, using time series, there is generally no way to assign a particular supply element to a particular demand element.  The system calculates availability information using Time Series data during ATP, and uses that information to create confirmation results to return back to the calling document (e.g.a sales order).  Some exceptions to the above general statement exist.

In Planning, the solution sometimes calls for 'hard-assigning' certain supply elements to certain demand elements.  SAP offers several ways to do this, under the umbrella of 'Fixed Pegging'.

Normally,  Product availability check is unrelated to Planning, and any Fixed Pegging you may have established for your planning solution is IGNORED during Availability checking.  However, if are planning in APO, and if you are using Fixed Pegging (neither of which is required for GATP) in your planning solution, you may elect to have the PAC consider the planning results, vs the more common ATP time series.

If the above is unclear, then I suggest you do not attempt to use option 2 or 3, without first becoming extremely familiar with how fixed pegging interacts with PAC.  You can learn more about these topics by creating scenarios in a sandbox and experimenting.

Best Regards,

DB49

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert

Any help on above question .Your help will be appreciated .

Regards

Jaisree