cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Attach Document through Desktop Link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

We are facing a problem in OpenText Desktop link attachment. When we are trying to attach the Document through Desktop link we are getting error as Document(s) archiving failed.

Here am attaching the screenshot document for reference. Please review the document and suggest with your valuable suggestion.

Regards,

Optimus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member183148
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Optimus Prime,

Good that you are opening .doc files after maintenance reg item. Please close this thread and open a new thread to fresh problem.

Thanks,

Kolusu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi,

I had a similar problem and I solved it changing my security configuration

try to go to: Customize local layout (Alt+f12) -> Options... -> Security -> Security settings -> Open secury Configuration : and then change the actions selected.

best regards

Laura

former_member183148
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Optimus Prime,

Usaully this error occurs then server host is not configured on the machine where you are trying to access the document from. Please use below registry path to configure it. It should fix the problem.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\IXOS\IXOS_ARCHIVE\Profile\Default\CWIN\ArchiveLink\Archive-%dArchive-0:

Any ways send ixclient.log to have better view of the problem.

Thanks,

Kolusu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kolusu,

Thanks for your valuable suggestion. As per your suggestion I have configured the registry path. Screen shot also attached for reference. But still unable to attach the document. Facing the same error. I have attached ixclient.log and registry path screenshot.

Please review the same and suggest.

Thanks,

Optimus

former_member183148
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Optimus Prime,

Screen shot shows NO server host configured. Please configure it. It would fix the problem.

Thanks,

Kolusu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kolusu,

Could you please guide me how to configure. That would be very helpfull for me.

Thanks,

Optimus