cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUUC on OS-400 and DB2 from SAP ERP 5.0 to SAP ERP 6.0 EHP 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I need to perform CUUC on OS-400 (OS) and DB2-400(DB) from SAP ERP 5.0 to ERP 6.0 EHP7. Please guide me though the steps. I have downloaded the CUUC guide from SAP Market place. But still i need overview of steps to be performed for it.

Thanks

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

according to the Product Availability Matrix, SAP ERP 5.0 is based on SAP NetWeaver 6.40, while SAP ERP 6.0 EHP7 is based on SAP NetWeaver 7.40.

With that information, you should use the guide in attachment CUUC640_to_NW740.zip of SAP Note 928729 - Combined Upgrade & Unicode Conversion (CU&UC). Please note that the document references other SAP Notes that you may need to read as well.

For SAP on IBM i (formerly known as AS/400 or DB2/400), there is a special "in-place" Unicode conversion available if only Latin-1 languages (Western European, such as English, French, German, Spanish and so on) are installed. This special process can save some time and is described in SAP Note 800791.

Technically the Combined Upgrade & Unicode Concersion first upgrades to the target release, and then performs the Unicode conversion. You should keep that in mind, since sometimes the documentation has different procedures for different releases.

If you have never done this operation before and don't have a sandbox system to play with, you may want to consider hiring an experienced consultant for this activity.

Kind regards,

Christian Bartels.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christian and Sriram,

Indeed you are right i am referring the guide  CUUC640_to_NW740.zip of SAP Note 928729 - Combined Upgrade & Unicode Conversion (CU&UC). But as per the upgrade guide of SAP ERP 6.0 EHP 7, upgrade from SAP ERP 5.0 to SAP ERP 6.0 EHP 7, it's a one step upgrade. Please help me with the steps according with IBM i(OS/400,DB2).

Regards

Saurabh

volker_gldenpfennig
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, you are fully correct ;-))

There is no difference on iSeries. It is a "one step upgrade" and then followed by a unicode conversion.

Regards,

Volker Gueldenpfennig, consolut international ag

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sharma

Before starting the upgrade. have you check the SAP PAM current version of OS /DB supported ERP 6 EHP7? I think you may require to do the perform the upgrade two or three phases.

Could you share your current OS / DB details?

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sriram,

Current OS details is  OS/400 V7R1 and DB is DB2/400 V7R1. Post upgrade the OS and DB will remain unchanged. I have checked in PAM the OS/400 V7R1and DB2/400 V7R1 supports ERP 6.0 EHP7.

Regards

Saurabh

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh.

Thanks for your information.

I think your upgrade will be two different phases.

Phase 1 - From the current level to SAP ECC 6 with NW 7.0 SP level minimum 14(Without EHP).

Phase 2 - From SAP ECC 6 with NW 7.0 to Latest release SAP ERP 6 EHP7

before starting the EHP upgrade kindly refer the SAP Note  along with PDF

1388258 - Version Interoperability between SAP Business Suite and SAP NetWeaver Systems

Regards

SS