cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP QM processing for Production order external processing.

Dilli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

When a production order is processed, there are few operations that needs to go out for subcontracting processing. We are creating subcontracting purchase order with text line ( ie services ) without any component.

What is the standard way of doing QM integration here. I am looking at two options

Option 1 : Have an inspection step in production order to accept or reject the services

Option 2 : Generate Inspection lot for the subcontracting order.

If Option 2 is selected how to trigger inspection lot when there are no material in the subcon PO. Please provide the necessary configuration and process steps to manage this scenario.

Regards,

Dilli

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member195779
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Radhakrishnan,

Following steps you have to perform:

1) Inspection type 0130 active in QM view for header material of Production order.

2) Assign this inspection type to external operation in Routing.

3) Assign MIC to this operation in routing.

After above steps inspection lot will be generated or if you are also having inprocess inspection than you can able to do inspection for external operation in same lot.

This process you can use without assignment of materials in subcon PO.

Regards,

Amarnath Dube

former_member185453
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As sir told, this can be achieved through MM.

In your case you are sending some processed material for out side processing to subcontractor, who could be a vendor (against the subcontractor PO, you need to put your material in your case no. 2 which is really required to manage this scenario).

QM configuration:

• Inspection type 0130 active in QM view for material (sending against subcontractor PO)
    • Inspection plan usage 53
  1. Subcontracting PO: Select L in item category column while creating PO.
  2. Transfer posting of PO (GI of vendor or subcontractor): Use movement type 541 for GI
  3. Goods receipt for PO (GR of subcontractor): Use mvt. type 543 or 101 for assembly material.

You may try it in sandbox first, I have never tried such scenario till now.

Regards;

S Ahmed

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How you have planned to manage this in MM? I believe if you are sending the material to outside vendor you need to do the material movement in system. May be 541 and then you receive the goods by 101. I am not sure on service PO part here. Otherwise it would be a scenario like calibration where you generate inspection lot of 14 origin. The difference here is it is production order in your case.

Anand