Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Archiving object check program in CRM data archiving

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

please can you explain me

1. what are the checks will be done by pre-processing program and cross archiving object check program?

2. for what are the CRM objects, cross archiving object check program is mandatory? and how we can guess the same?

3. what are the status of the transaction no's or Object ID are able to archive?

ex: transaction no should be closed i.e. should set the status I1005

4. why the "check and delete" functionality is available in both cross archiving object customizing and archiving object specific customizing in the customizing of CRM Objects? enclosed the screen shot for reference

5. what is Archive routine?

help is appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Ningappa S M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ningappa,

Interval time in check and delete helps to skip the pre process job to check the entries again and again. When it mentioned as 10 days before, preprocess will not try to check the entries till next 10 days.

When it was reduced to 1 day, after 24 hours the pre process job can check the same entry again if it still exists.

Regards,

Sudheer T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

Thank you soooooo much...

Please can you give me complete information about Archive Routing (We are not using the archive routing for any project, just for my information i am asking) and

it will be great helpful for me if u provide the information.

Thanks,

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ningappa,

As term suggest Archive routing helps to route the archive files to a particular content repository.

Case 1: If your customer is maintaining the content repositories based on different retention years(10/8/6 years), you can maintain the conditions under customizing to route the archive files to specific repository.

Case 2: If customer is maintaining the country specific content repositories, then archive files created particular to that country(company code/sales org or plants) can get route to that repository.

Note : If the archive routing is maintained, input gave under write report has to meet the condition, otherwise write job will get fail.

Regards,

Sudheer T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ningappa,

Check and Delete in CRM helps in running the preprocess jobs for all archiving objects in single step. Also it has few more additional customizing options. If you have any specific selection/restriction on preprocess job scheduling you no need to schedule the jobs from Check and Delete in CRM. You can schedule the pre process jobs from SARA on individual archiving objects.

In ECC, mostly in new releases you can find this option. But as preprocess is not mandatory in ECC for most of the archiving objects. Hence you will be not using this option these systems.

Regards,

Sudheer T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

thanks a ton for reply..

for  the archiving of CRM_COMP, i pass the transaction type and transaction no's as the input and we maintain the residence time properly but while archiving of Complaints object dint consider the records for archiving and for other objects like contracts, activities its considered the records for archiving(residence time is same) but after i changed the resubmission interval in days from 10 days to 1 day under check and delete then it considered the records for archiving. so still i m not clear about this point.. but archiving is completed and project went go-live also.

please help me on this..

Thanks & Regards,

Ningappa S M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

what is check and delete in customizing? why this option is mandatory in CRM and why not in ECC?

Thanks,

Ningappa S M

former_member201157
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ningappa,

check this note:

1328066 - Archiving concept in CRM.

at the bottom of this note, there are other reference notes as well.

you can find all answers hopefully from these notes.

there is information on SAP Help as well.

REgards,

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

Thanks for your input.

already i had gone through this note but i need more and clear clarification on the same.

Thanks,

Ningappa S M

former_member201157
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ningappa,

check this note:

1328066 - Archiving concept in CRM.

at the bottom of this note, there are other reference notes as well.

you can find all answers hopefully from these notes.

there is information on SAP Help as well.

REgards,

Satya