Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating ADK files stored on a non compliant ILM Storage to Compliant Storage

former_member184544
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to know what is the procedure followed for migrating ADK files and attached unstructured data stored on a non compliant ILM Storage to Compliant ILM Storage ?

Can you point me to any useful references and use cases on the same ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello,

It is actually quite easy to migrate previously archived data to ILM.  Once your ILM Audit area has the relative archive object and there is an IRM policy associated to the archive object - all you then need to do is to go into

SARA -> Management, select the archive session to be migrated, right click on it and select File Conversion.

I am not able to answer the unstructured data migration as I have not done that before.

Best Regards,

Karin Tillotson

former_member183148
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vasudevan

The general procedure for migration of ADK files or attached unstructured data stored would be to move the metadata & attributes followed original documents.

The tools/code varies from complaint storage to storage.

Thanks,

Kolusu

former_member184544
Participant
0 Kudos

Can you point me to a use case or to a tool doucmentation ?

former_member183148
Contributor
0 Kudos

What’s your source and destination ILM Storage document area? Archivelink? Kpro? File system? Data base? I am aware of OT for KPRO to Archivelink standard program DMS_RELOCATE_CONTENT and/or DMS_KPRO_CONVERT/2 for metadata & attributes. OT tool for original document migration.

Thanks,

Kolusu