Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Route between SAP EHP 5 and EHP7

former_member210158
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could any one tell me whether we could establish a route between two SAP systems in which one server is of lower version and the other is of higher version or vice versa?

Case 1:

I tried to establish a connection between ECC 6.0 to EHP 7 so that i could move my objects from 6.0 to ehp 7.

(i got some component difference message)

Case 2:

I tried to establish a connection between EHP5 to EHP 7. (Failed)

so my query is does SAP support to move objects from and to SAP systems which are of different versions?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

mervin_joseph
Explorer

Hi Sathish,

Cross- release transport support,it completely depends on the SAP_BASIS release. Please find the answer for your question from SAP Note 1090842

Symptom

Should I expect problems if objects are transported between SAP systems with different Basis releases?

Reason and Prerequisites

Important note: This note only documents known technical problems that occur during a release-independent transport. However, whether such a transport is also useful semantically depends on the transported data. For this reason, this SAP Note concerns only objects from the development environment. It does not concern any application objects (such as Customizing objects). Transports of any application objects and especially Customizing transports between various release levels are generally not supported even if they work without apparent technical problems. If you are in any doubt, contact the SAP Support for the relevant application.

Solution

A general prerequisite for this type of transport is that the R3trans belonging to the system is used during both the import and export processes.

There are generally two classes of problems: technical transport problems (in other words, the transport fails) and logical transport problems (the transport works, but the transported data is incorrect in the target system).
All known problems (of both problem classes) are described in the notes listed below.

Furthermore, general logical transport problems occur that are not specific to a certain release, especially concerning the usage of functions that are not available in the previous release. When you, for example, use functions that exist only as of Release 7.1, especially ABAP statements, the return transport to lower releases is not recommended. At least, you must manually repair these objects after the import.
In cross-release development projects with regular transport requirements, we recommend that you carry out your developments in the earliest target release and then transport these developments to subsequent releases because this is usually linked to fewer complications.

For information about transports between SAP systems with different Basis Releases, see the following notes:

• 1517803 Transports between Basis Release 7.* and 8.0 (NGAP)
  • 1089083 Transports between Basis Releases 7.0 and 7.1
  • 1273566 Transports between Basis Release 700/701 and 702 and higher
  • 454321 Transports between Basis Release 6.* and 7.0
  • 330267 Transports between Basis Releases 4.6* and 6.*
  • 126776 Transports between Releases 4.5* and 4.6*
  • 120151 Transports between Release 4.0B and 4.5*
  • 60928 Transports between Release 3.1l and Release 4.0B

For transports between related Basis releases, there are no problems. This applies to:

• Transports between Releases 6.10, 6.20 and 6.40
  • Transports between Releases 7.0*, 7.3* and 7.4*
  • Transports between Releases 7.10 and 7.11

However, within the same release, there are certain risks when you perform transports between systems that have different Support Package levels. This applies in particular when you perform a transport from a system with a higher Support Package level to a system with a lower Support Package level. We recommend that you perform the transport from the lower to the higher level.
"Web service reliable messaging" may be used as an example: Here, an entirely new development is delivered with Support Package 14 for SAP_BASIS 7.00 so that as of Support Package 14, objects ("proxies") are created that can be transported to systems with lower Support Package levels from a technical point of view, but that are not compatible from a semantic point of view so that they do not work.

If you want to perform a transport across several releases (for example, a transport from 4.0 and 7.0), you must refer to the information in all the relevant notes.
Example: For transports between Release 4.0 and 7.0, you must refer to all the relevant Notes (120151, 126776, 330267, and 454321).

I hope this helps you

Best Regards,

Mervin Joseph

Message was edited by: Mervin Joseph

Message was edited by: Mervin Joseph

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per SAP its not advised. but you can configure the transport route and can move the transports.

Regards

Anand

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish

1. Transport route from EHP 5 to EHP7  will not supported. Kindly refer the SAP Note along with PDF

1388258 - Version Interoperability between SAP Business Suite and SAP NetWeaver Systems

2. You can upgrade the existing SAP ERP6 EHP 5 to either EHP 6 or EHP7. then you can create the transport route.

Regards

SS