Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA Variable with Key and Text

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have an Analytic view which contains Attribute View.   Within the attribute view , I used a Label Column to show the associated text for my Key attribute. Let's say Customer and Customer Name

Now, I have created a Variable within Analytic View and in Value Help I used Current View and in Attribute Field I used Customer . Expectation is when I check the list of values , it would show me both Text and Key of Customer .

If I do Data Preview  within HANA, I see only Key for Customer , however if I try to access the data from Design Studio , I see both Key and Text in Value Help ( LOV) .

Then I created an Universe on the Analytic View expecting the similar behaviour ( as in DS) for Web Intelligence.  But here, I can see only Key and cannot even Enable Key/Text as the button is grayed out.

Is this expected ?  Do I need to take any extra steps while creating Data Foundation or Business Layer in UNX ?

My HANA revision is 97 .

Thanks and Regards

Anindya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anindya,

Did you figure a way around this?

Thanks

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna

This works fine in Design Studio but for Web Int this is still not possible yet.

However, there are few options:

1.  you can achieve this in IDT with custom SQL and create prompt there.

2. If you can use input parameter, you have a way to do this. Click Here

But even there we have some limitations.

3. If your system is BW, you can probably create Analytic Index with InfoObject

Cheers

Anindya

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per Official Documentation , this functionality has been added in SPS10 .  I can do it now.  Thanks development team , I can avoid lot of work around now.

cheers

Anindya

sk_kamaruzzaman
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (0)